Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all 

Currently looking to potentially get a 2013 GS,

I do about 20k miles a year, about 95% on motorways.

Priorities are comfort, quietness and subtle image.

I assume I will be better off with a 250 luxury ?

Am I right in thinking servicing is every 10k miles/6 months ?

Anything else I need to be aware of ?

Cheers 

Hi and welcome to LOC :)

Very nice choice of car......wish I could afford one!

Don't know much about this car sorry but as regards to servicing, a car that new will come with a service manual. All the information will be in there as regards to mileage/timing of services and what needs changing at what intervals. Follow that and you'll be fine :)

Thanks for the reply, I should have been more clear, having to have the car serviced every 10k miles could end up being a bit of a PITA.

I currently run a VW golf which is on long life (annual service) , prior to that I had a Porsche which was every 20k miles or two years.

Going back to every 6 months (10k) will take some getting used to, saying that we have a Lexus dealership couple of miles from where I work and assume lexus will collect and drop off.

With regards affordability, I will need to get a used one, appears you can get a decent deal on lightly used demos. I am likely to keep it for at least three years.

12 months or 10,000 miles. My miles have gone up, lots of m'way stuff, getting 32-38, normally around the 33-4mpg mark. If your priority is refinement and comfort, the GS is the best out there....though coming from a diesel it lacks torque....so the flappy paddles are only really good in SPORT mode for a good getaway or for slowing you down with engine braking. The 2.5 is powerful enough, despite the size and weight

Would be great to have another on the board!! You won't regret it.

• 1 month later...

2 months on…still procrastinating….spend my evenings reading
the literature/ watching youtube reviews, but still haven’t managed to pull the
trigger :(

Anyone know of any private GS250s for sale ? Or has the Lexus
franchise dealerships got the market sewn up ?

I'd love a 2012 GS250 Lux (or Fsport)

As the new GS has only been out since June 2012, I very much
doubt that you will find any private sellers., so at the moment a Lexus
dealership is probably the only place your find one.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links