Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Having owned an LS400 and an LS430 for 17 years, I was tempted away from the brand by a Range Rover Sport HSE. After 17 months I am now back to a 2009 LS600hL with which I am delighted apart from the integration with my phone and iPod.

I paid £200 to have an iPod connection installed by the Lexus dealer in Southampton but am now being told by the Bradford dealership that the connection will basically charge my iPod Touch and little else. I am unable to control the player from the car and in fact I can control it better from the AUX input in the central glove box. To pay £200 for something that could be done by a £15 aftermarket power connection is ridiculous.

The bigger problem is connecting to the iPohone (4S) Whilst it connects via the Blutooth and can receive and send calls, it doesn't load the phone directory so calls have to be initiated from the phone itself (not really handsfree!) it doesn't display the identity of incomming calls, it doesnt store recent numbers, etc., etc. All of these functions and more were abley performed by my Range Rover of exactly the same age. As the Range Rover is almost 1/2 the price of the LS600 I am very dissapointed. Surely the LS should be better than this.

Otherwise I am happy with the LS which is an amazingly comfortable car and even coped with the recent snow thanks to the 4 wheel drile (unlike the LS400 and LS430 previously!).

Any suggestions to improve the iPod/iPhone situation would be gratefully received.

Having owned an LS400 and an LS430 for 17 years, I was tempted away from the brand by a Range Rover Sport HSE. After 17 months I am now back to a 2009 LS600hL with which I am delighted apart from the integration with my phone and iPod.

I paid £200 to have an iPod connection installed by the Lexus dealer in Southampton but am now being told by the Bradford dealership that the connection will basically charge my iPod Touch and little else. I am unable to control the player from the car and in fact I can control it better from the AUX input in the central glove box. To pay £200 for something that could be done by a £15 aftermarket power connection is ridiculous.

The bigger problem is connecting to the iPohone (4S) Whilst it connects via the Blutooth and can receive and send calls, it doesn't load the phone directory so calls have to be initiated from the phone itself (not really handsfree!) it doesn't display the identity of incomming calls, it doesnt store recent numbers, etc., etc. All of these functions and more were abley performed by my Range Rover of exactly the same age. As the Range Rover is almost 1/2 the price of the LS600 I am very dissapointed. Surely the LS should be better than this.

Otherwise I am happy with the LS which is an amazingly comfortable car and even coped with the recent snow thanks to the 4 wheel drile (unlike the LS400 and LS430 previously!).

Any suggestions to improve the iPod/iPhone situation would be gratefully received.

I cant help with your problem but welcome back. You may have noticed that there are no Lexaholic type groups around and that is as you know is impossible to cure once the Lexus bug has bitten you.

Good luck with solving the problem. Mike

The Iphone does not allow uploading of contacts to the LS for some reason.

my solution was to sync the Iphone to outlook and then copy the contacts list to an old nokia that i had and pair it to my 430.

Once thats done delete the old phone and repair the Iphone. The sytem keeps the contact list so you can initiate calls from the screen and it will shown the caller id as well.

little bit annoying but it works on the 430 so it should work on the 460/600.

Control of the iPod is done by playlists. There is no limit to the number of playlists you can have. Playlist 'one' is allways the whole library and only six playlists per screen are shown. You can't name playlists, they show as disk one to six.

I carry a list which shows "Screen one playlist name 1 to 6. Screen 2 playlist 1 to 6" etc.

I have the 09 600h like you, We missed out on the hard disk satnav\MP3 player by one year.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links