Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

20 Inch Wheels On Ls430

Anyone here running large size alloys?

Personally, i'm really on the fence about it. There's a set of deep dish 20's that I love, and suit the car incredibly well, but

the ride on the 18 oem wheels is just about perfect. The 20's would require a sidewall height of 35, as opposed to the 45 that i'm currently running. This in itself would make a difference, but going up two rim sizes to boot...

Looking at the US forums, there's plenty who say it makes the ride very slightly firmer, but the roads here in Ireland (and the UK) may not be as kind.

Your thoughts Gentlemen? Would I be ruining the ride for looks?

If anyone is using wheels of this size, i'd love to hear from you.

Anyone here running large size alloys?

Personally, i'm really on the fence about it. There's a set of deep dish 20's that I love, and suit the car incredibly well, but

the ride on the 18 oem wheels is just about perfect. The 20's would require a sidewall height of 35, as opposed to the 45 that i'm currently running. This in itself would make a difference, but going up two rim sizes to boot...

Looking at the US forums, there's plenty who say it makes the ride very slightly firmer, but the roads here in Ireland (and the UK) may not be as kind.

Your thoughts Gentlemen? Would I be ruining the ride for looks?

If anyone is using wheels of this size, i'd love to hear from you.

I have the original 17inch wheels on my 2002 and the ride is hard enough - 20 inch wheels would make it much harder and would not be great also you will wear tyres very quickly. The look is personal taste.

Bren

Apart from the harder ride, damage from potholes becomes a lot more likely with low profiles, both tyres and wheels.

And most places I've been recently seem to have given up on road repair.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i have a set of 19" rims on my LS400 and they drive perfect, iv not lost a lot of luxury with them either and they make the car handle bundles of times better! They do not rub or tramline in ruts in the road plus seriously fill the arches and look better. However i was warned about the clearance from the calipers as the ls are huge, i only have about 2-3mm clearance, your ls430 may be different however..? My advice to you is have a browse at www.wheelbase.co.uk. This is wherre i got my diamond crush alloys.

Good luck, Nick.

ilove them what are they called , how much .realy nice and great shine

Thanx. They are called "diamond crush" or "black diamond crush" alloys on wheelbase.co.uk/com? And if i remember rightly were £950 all-in, wheels, tyres, balanced and posted to your doorstep... Which i thought was a bargain! Check her out on youtube. Type "lexus train horn" and she is first in results :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links