Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys and girls, this is my first post on this site :D

Iv owned an Ls400 for coming up two years now and have run out of ideas for "chavving" it up! (Not that im a chav, id say more an enthusiast!) i have 19" alloys, tints all around, cat-back longlife exhaust, painted calipers, and no joke... An amtrak american train horn.... Air compressor in boot which powers them under the car where the back-boxes once were.... Which is incredibly loud and ofcourse for off-road/show use only :P.

Getting to the point, iv been thinking of getting a spoiler for her, i have seen some on eBay and on american sites but they seem either overpriced or just the boot lip spoiler. I like the BMW style spoilers. Anyone have any idea of a UK stockist or if i can make a spoiler from another car e.g. A BMW fit?

P.s. iv attached some pics of her and a short video of the train horn in action. Cheers.post-42337-0-19509900-1362318536_thumb.jpost-42337-0-94737300-1362318569_thumb.jtrim.Zf0X46.MOVtrim.Zf0X46.MOV

Hi & Welcome

I must say I don't much like chaving up any Lexus but I have to say yours looks most tastefully done & doesn't spoil the overall look of the car As for the Amtrax horn that's another matter

PS my smilies aren't working

• Like 1

Thanx lexmanic, yeah i was half hearted about tampering with her when i first got her, i first got the alloys... Then over the years kept adding lol. LS400's are like marmite, you either tinker and mod or keep original. Either way they are the best motors!

Regarding boot spoilers the LS boot front edge has a turn up so best to fit just a 'lip' type spoiler.

I have done this on mine, got one fully painted from China for about £40 a few months back.

• Like 1

Ahh yes theres a slight rise at the edge, this didnt cross my mind. I did think of the boot lip spoilers but i do fancy a bigger standard bmw type spoiler.... Which apart from massive touring car type spoilers i cant seem to find any subtle kind of spoilers for the ol' girl!

Ok so the video upload hasnt seemed to work however you can search on youtube "lexus train horn" and shes first in results.

I love the train horn - I'm not sure about the exhaust (it's a bit loud and farty) and I'll bet the neighbours just love you. A great video - I'm still smiling :).

Ok so the video upload hasnt seemed to work however you can search on youtube "lexus train horn" and shes first in results.

I love the train horn - I'm not sure about the exhaust (it's a bit loud and farty) and I'll bet the neighbours just love you. A great video - I'm still smiling :).

Hehe glad the horn is liked :p computer speakers really do them no justice... They can be heard for miles and the ground literraly shakes if you stand near the car! As for the exhaust, aftermarket pipes arnt everyones taste and i understand that, however again speakers dont help show the lovely V8 rumble when its not being booted right up the revs! I wouldnt say its tinny at all, even up in the revs, as its only a cat-back system. All fun and games anyhow :D

Hehe glad the horn is liked :P computer speakers really do them no justice... They can be heard for miles and the ground literraly shakes if you stand near the car! As for the exhaust, aftermarket pipes arnt everyones taste and i understand that, however again speakers dont help show the lovely V8 rumble when its not being booted right up the revs! I wouldnt say its tinny at all, even up in the revs, as its only a cat-back system. All fun and games anyhow :D

A lot of us who drive a Lexus spend our lives complaining about road noise so we would be rude about the exhausts - the horn made me crap myself when I heard it on the PC so live it must be something else :)

You car looks immaculate- better than my 204K miles motorway pounder.

Bren

• Like 1

Hehe glad the horn is liked :P computer speakers really do them no justice... They can be heard for miles and the ground literraly shakes if you stand near the car! As for the exhaust, aftermarket pipes arnt everyones taste and i understand that, however again speakers dont help show the lovely V8 rumble when its not being booted right up the revs! I wouldnt say its tinny at all, even up in the revs, as its only a cat-back system. All fun and games anyhow :D

A lot of us who drive a Lexus spend our lives complaining about road noise so we would be rude about the exhausts - the horn made me crap myself when I heard it on the PC so live it must be something else :)

You car looks immaculate- better than my 204K miles motorway pounder.

Bren

I'm just very old. Mike

Welcome to the LOC.

Well I'm not having this so instead of an LPG tank in the boot I'm fitting a boiler and then this nice train whistle is going on the roof! :lol:

post-12144-0-04775200-1362500138_thumb.j

Talking of rear spoilers you'll also want one of these lips on the front.

post-12144-0-41005400-1362500298_thumb.j

Welcome to the LOC.

Well I'm not having this so instead of an LPG tank in the boot I'm fitting a boiler and then this nice train whistle is going on the roof! :lol:

attachicon.giftrain whistle.jpg

Talking of rear spoilers you'll also want one of these lips on the front.

attachicon.gifDSCF0051a.jpg

Where will you store the coal??? I much prefer steam engines. Mike

Haha i like it!!! Now that WOULD turn a few heads :P that front spoiler does look nice, anyone know of any good UK stockists for them? Cheers steve

They were mostly JDM only although I did see one on another LS400 listed on eBay the other day, think it got flagged up on the forum.

Unfortunately they are no longer available but highly sought after, I've had offers from the USA and Australia for mine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links