Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yay, I Have My Ac Compressor Off!

If you get it gassed if it doesn't run get a supply to the compressor from the Battery and see if you get nice cold air.

If it all works then its something in the control circuit stopping it from running.

I would be really surprised if there is something wrong with the compressor.

Ah, I pulled AC does via the self diagnostics. Came out with

28 -

21 - solar sensor ( ok did it in the dark)

23 - pressure switch

24 -

Obviously car has no gas so it's confused. Will be interesting to see what codes come up when it's gassed tomorrow if it doesn't work.

Ok got a place to do it.

Leak reported.

Dye added.

Gonna take a look with a uv torch to see where its coming from.

OMFG curiousty got the better of me so I started taking a look at the air con pipes. Sweet mother of god I didn't know this was in store for me.

72695743.jpg

58888908.jpg

50920904.jpg

Ok found the issues.

On the pipe going from the front to the back I did find some little spots of UV due. However one area just had loads due to compelte corrosion. Observe below.

I highly recommend that anyone with an LS430 and rear air con gets their car up, check out the pipe and put extra padding and covering around it to protect it.

20130315161022.jpg

20130315161749.jpg

20130315162532.jpg

To fix this, instead of dropping the tank ,prop etc etc. I am going to first go down the pipe leak self amalgamating tape method. Very good stuff for leaking plumbers pipes etc. Should do the job here at least.

Hehe indeed I did. Do you have that rear ac pipe? I would really take a look at it and put some extra padding in. It's been rubbing against that other pipe and just screwed it up. Welcome to come and put it on my 2 poster to protect yours if you want.

I really want to avoid going into dropping the whole tank, propshaft etc etc until it's a last resort.

What about something like JB weld + that tape?

Ok found the issues.

On the pipe going from the front to the back I did find some little spots of UV due. However one area just had loads due to compelte corrosion. Observe below.

I highly recommend that anyone with an LS430 and rear air con gets their car up, check out the pipe and put extra padding and covering around it to protect it.

20130315161022.jpg

20130315161749.jpg

20130315162532.jpg

To fix this, instead of dropping the tank ,prop etc etc. I am going to first go down the pipe leak self amalgamating tape method. Very good stuff for leaking plumbers pipes etc. Should do the job here at least.

There was a factory recall to replace the rear pipes years ago - I know mine rotted and were replaced for free and have been good since.

Bren

Hmm thats interesting, do you have more information on it? Perhaps a SIB number from your invoice or a recall number ? Struggling to find anything online.

Hehe indeed I did. Do you have that rear ac pipe? I would really take a look at it and put some extra padding in. It's been rubbing against that other pipe and just screwed it up. Welcome to come and put it on my 2 poster to protect yours if you want.

I really want to avoid going into dropping the whole tank, propshaft etc etc until it's a last resort.

What about something like JB weld + that tape?

Thanks for the offer but it won't affect mine as it a non premium pack car so doesn't have the rear fridge and cooling to the seats.

I have had mixed sucsess in the past with areldite but if you go down that route get the pipework nice and clean and warm before you apply it.

Spoke with Lexus, there isn't any recall or outstanding work regarding AC lines.

Looks like I will go with the patch option first, if it's a failure, then dropping everything is the way to go.

Hmm thats interesting, do you have more information on it? Perhaps a SIB number from your invoice or a recall number ? Struggling to find anything online.

Hi Sam

It was a very long time ago - the air con pipes that go over the back axel corroded and the system lost gas. It was repaired by Lexus at their expense and the service manager said it was a know problem - I may have been a little enthusiastic with the term factory recall - that only happens for safety items. They pick this kind of thing up at a service.

Bren

Disconnect the plug and short out with a piece of wire to confirm your compressor is working ok.

From memory the switch is at the front bumper area.

Check its open circuit first with a multimeter.

Sam the is a section in the manual for testing the pressure switch.

It's not as simple as I thought but is very easy to follow.

Plus did they recharge the refrigerant with the correct weight?

Yes, it's right at the front just behind the bumper. Next to the port.

It's a 3 pin wire.

black

white/black

white/blue

For recharging, they followed the weight that was on the plaque on the bonnet.

LOL, I went downstairs to look at the card on the bonnet, it says for topping up add 100 G, you guessed it, he put in 100G.

Need to go back so that I can have 900G in my system!

Would it still flag up that sensor error even with low gas?

Sigh, back to square 2.

It's still leaking. Took a closer look at the rear lines, there are UV dye spots on the rear line,. right at the back top.

I'm thinking of welding up this f***** and converting it to a single AC system.

I've had enough now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links