Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2Jz Ge More Boost!

Panya...this is what you need mate..

http://www.swiftracing.com/SRT/item.aspx?id=10

most guys on the US forumns are running them reliably all day long. Stage 3 which is the cheapest they do is claimed to unleash 450bhp from the 2JZ engine on stock internals ... would love to go Turbo in mine too but am a novice when it comes to boosting an engine so best to leave it to a well known Jap tuner in UK to do the hard work for me..as per the site it will cost $6,750 (£4,500) so not cheap but will match the 40K IS-F and any other 400-500bhp V8 performance car Germany throws at it.. thats not where it ends as things like auto transmission valvebody and trans cooler, brakes and maybe suspension has to be upgraded aswell to handle the power and stop the car effectively during high speed so wont be a cheap upgrade but will still be cheaper than say an IS-F or C63 AMG and dare i say will be faster than them.. 2JZ + Turbo does a lot of damage! keep us posted if you decide on the upgrade mate..

Yh I heard off them since i brought my car 3 years ago and that's why I upgarde to is300 in the first place. I think they are now a officially turning company for viper now. I did speaking to one guy on Facebook he just leave couple block away from srt , I wish I was that's close! , u can get some similar kit like srt and its from boost logic, very well know too.

Yh I heard off them since i brought my car 3 years ago and that's why I upgarde to is300 in the first place. I think they are now a officially turning company for viper now. I did speaking to one guy on Facebook he just leave couple block away from srt , I wish I was that's close! , u can get some similar kit like srt and its from boost logic, very well know too.

I was the opposite. didnt buy the 300 to boost as i wasnt aware of the engine spec Lexus put under them untill i found my self keeping up with some cars i shouldnt have then reseached more on the engine and found out it was not just an average 3.0 engine. worth giving SRT a call for more info or boost logic aswell. are you planing of doing the boosting your self ? would be worth doing a write up as you go along to help current/future IS300 owners looking to go boost. or maybe i can buy the parts and bring it over for you to boost for me .. the beer will be on me :)

I don't think I would go with srt way out off my price range ,would stick with xs power kit but would like a turbo manifold from srt tho cos I heard some part in xs power are rubbish!.

I don't think I would go with srt way out off my price range ,would stick with xs power kit but would like a turbo manifold from srt tho cos I heard some part in xs power are rubbish!.

yeh if you need a reliable 400+ bhp car, all parts has to be engineered well. last thing you need is parts breaking or melting after a couple of 100 miles. i would get the important parts from SRT and the other parts can be from xs power but then again for that horse power you need reliable turbo parts as cheap and turbo dont mix unfortunately. for anything turbo i recon HKS, Greddy, Blitz, SRT they more pricey but you get quality and durability i guess. i will say just go for quality and you wont be replacing parts often.. just checked your link the IS300 made the Corvette look like it was cruising.

I think it's depend on what is ur goal if u want 400+ hp and yes srt that is the answer cos it's come with complete kit. Only if I can fit all them kit in my bag and Take it home with me :d

Just make sure it will fit on a RHD car as iirc they foul on some parts as the steering column is on the the intake side on the LHD cars so not a problem.

I know the kit is made for you engine but dose the is300 have the same or more clearance than a Supra to fit the manifold in.

Thats my only concern will it fit into the is300 engine bay easy enough, also if you do get the XSpower manifold make sure you add aditional bracing as ive herd a lot of them cracking.

This is why Jim went the supercharger route.

Hi mikey yes totally aware about Clarence issue , it's always gonna be tight in there but I think main concern is the down pipe but u can have that special make. Yh supercharge properly the idea but there don't make them no more! , I think many is300 owner in here thinking the turbo route too. It's jim still got his supercharge ?

Just checking mate as most of the upgrades for the is300 are american ( as they didnt have the is200 over there ) so they had plenty of room but in the uk the steering column might foul on the manifold or turbo.

yes it easier to supercharge but still not cheap, as long as you know how to do alot of the work or cost in someone to build it properly, turbo will more than likely be more expensive.

Jim sold up as his engine blew down to poor afr readings in the map, Dino now has the kit on his 300 but have not spoke to him for a while to see how its going.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links