Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Ct Advanced And A Question Or Two

Sethyhead

Hi all

I am new to this site so hello to everyone

I just brought a new CT Advanced (a 13 plate on 13/03/13 - is this going to be a lucky car?) and had a couple of Q's for you.

There doesn't seem to be an engine temp gauge, it sounds funny but coming from an Audi A4 I used to check it all the time to make sure the car was warm before driving it more enthusiastically. Is there one hiding somewhere?

Also I love the Battery charging / usage meter but does the Battery symbol ever show completely full?

Oh and my tuppence worth on the hard suspension: there is nothing tough about it, just makes the CT stick to the corners better and stops you getting sea sick!

Cheers

Sethpost-46410-0-60250500-1363378947_thumb.j

Welcome Seth, Hope you enjoy your new car.

Answering your questions - no there's no temperature gauge, and no the Battery never shows full, don't worry about the latter as the management system looks after the Battery, you'll find it never goes below two bars towards empty.

Just enjoy your car, you'll find that as you adapt your driving style the MPG will improve and by the way the MPG always suffers in the cold.

Enjoy,

Steve

Thanks Steve

I am really enjoying my new toy, I just wish the rain would stop!

Thanks for clearing that one up, it would have really got to me as I would be trying to completely fill the Battery all the time!

Cheers

Seth

Your car does not have a temperature gauge which is visable but surprisingly , it does actually have all the where with all to show the engine temperature. In order to access engine temperature along with a lot of other potentially useful stuff, one has to purchase and fit a device called a scangauge II. They are relatively simple little gadgets which plug into the car on board data socket and come with instructions which are certainly easy enough for me to follow.Fitting can be as simple as connecting up and ipod or a sat nav with no need for cutting or drilling holes into the dashboard of your recently obtained pride and joy.

Thanks Geof

Looks like the kinda thing I would have loved on my turned up / tricked up cars of the past. These days I can probably do without.

Cheers for the thought anyway.

Oh and thanks to Steve for the link to 'fuelly' I have signed up and will be monitoring my fuel.

Seth

Hi everyone, am a newbie who has put deposit today on an advance with parking sensors today! This was after a visit to Lexus Hatfield today for a look! Didn't know about the advance n was thinking about a second hand ct.

Had a test drive n decided this family should have 2 Lexus on the driveway! However a bit concerned about the seats in advance.

I would like people's advice/comments in would I be better having a se with fabric seats or a second hand luxury or premier (can't run to a new one of those!) the advance seats a bit plastic like n not sure about them n I sat in a year old car that has heated leather seats, which I know are handy as DH has them in his GS.

Can existing advance owners reassure me please! Ta

Hi Joan

I have only had my CT Advance for a few days and am really happy with it. The seats are fine, as they are not leather they are somehow not as cold so I recon you can do without heated seats. Also keeps all the vegans happy!!

Lexus Hatfield are fantastic. I am sure that they will look after you. I dealt with Chris and he was really great.

Hope that reassures you

Seth

We have an early model SEi base model with unheated fabric seats and have, (very occasionally,) missed the heated seats which our previous car have had. The base model seats are hardly deck chairs though and are in the most part completely adequate for short or long journeys. Lexus Hatfield...... excellent dealership.

Thanks very much for the reassurance.

As said was going for a used car and instead ordered a new car that I had not researched etc. Was surprised about the seats, was expecting leather like my hubby's GS!

All road reports slag the CT200h off as slow of mark (I though handled well especially with those batteries in the back) and not reaching its quoted mpg (but which one does?) but looking on reviews and forums such as this most seem to be happy with it.

Yes Lexus Hatfield are good, has bought 2 from there over the years.

Hi everyone, am a newbie who has put deposit today on an advance with parking sensors today! This was after a visit to Lexus Hatfield today for a look! Didn't know about the advance n was thinking about a second hand ct.

Had a test drive n decided this family should have 2 Lexus on the driveway! However a bit concerned about the seats in advance.

I would like people's advice/comments in would I be better having a se with fabric seats or a second hand luxury or premier (can't run to a new one of those!) the advance seats a bit plastic like n not sure about them n I sat in a year old car that has heated leather seats, which I know are handy as DH has them in his GS.

Can existing advance owners reassure me please! Ta

Hello Joannie

With regard to the parking sensors make sure they are factory fitted (if such a thing exists). If not don't have them. You will see on another thread I thought I was getting factory fitted sensors but they are inferior ones fitted (incorrectly in my case) in the UK and total rubbish. I got my money back after threatening the dealer with Trading Standards, but I still regret having them even though they are effectively free. They spoil an otherwise great car.

Regards

SM

Seth, can I ask you to comment on the Tahara upholstery?

I understand it to be a green alternative to leather, with the benefits of leather but without the nastiness of the vinyl of old.

How does it compare to leather in terms of comfort, wear and tear (I know... bit early to say), etc.

Does it require any kind of maintenance?

Your comments would be welcome - and that of other Advance owners - as I would imagine that Lexus will no doubt consider making available on other models at some stage.

I have this article, which is interesting...

http://www.thegreencarwebsite.co.uk/blog/index.php/2012/11/12/lexus-introduces-eco-upholstery-in-the-ct-200h/

Hi Daniel

So I have had my car for 10 days now and they have been pretty cold days too.

I was worried that the Advance didn't come with heated seats (a luxury that I have enjoyed on previous cars) but Chris at Lexus Hatfield explained all about the Tahara seats and said that they weren't as cold as leather ones. I put this down to him being a salesman (I had just had a couple of hours of BS from a Merc dealership) and decided that with the savings made between the Advance and the next model up I could do without!

Chris was right, they are absolutely fine, much warmer than the wife's Shogun leather seats (although that does have heated seats)

We also have a 4 year old boy that thinks EVERYTHING is a climbing frame. These seats are really good, unlike leather they don't need any treatment, just a wipe with a 'baby wipe' to get marks off, they are warm and look very nice. Chris also said that they wouldn't crack or crease like leather ones do over time.

As for the wear and tear, ask me again in a year but all indications are that they are fine.

Oh and they will also appeal to Tree Huggers (sorry, but I like that phrase)

Seth

"All road reports slag the CT200h off as slow of mark (I though handled well especially with those batteries in the back) and not reaching its quoted mpg (but which one does?) but looking on reviews and forums such as this most seem to be happy with it."

I have read reports and comments which are critical of the acceleration, the road holding, the ride quality,price, the outright top speed of the CT.

The car is what it is. I enjoy my car, I know that i can buy a less economical car which accelerates better, and i know i can buy a more expensive car which handles much better. The ride ride quality isnt something which I have noted as being an issue however there are other cars in the Lexus range itself which cost nearly twice the price and have ( understandably) a better ride quality.

I see my CT as a very comfortable, good looking, nicely bolted together, more expensive version of the Prius and the Auris but most importantly, I like it very much.

Other people have other expectations of cars: Caterham owners for example, prefer to have, a car with tremendous acceleration (due to a phenomenal power to weight ratio) and very little potential to keep its occupants warm and dry or to store the weekly shopping and yet the bottom of the range Caterham is priced in the same region as the bottom of the range CT200H. It seems somewhat irrational for anyone to draw comparisons between the two cars but it woud seem that some individuals would be only too happy to bemoan that the CT is slow or doesnt handle as well.

Please yourself, first and foremost, take the car as you find it and see the assessment of others in the light of your own experience and expectations.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As I've said in another post, go drive the Toyota Auris excel then the CT200h.

No contest as far as I'm concerned.

Gets better all the time.

Read USA road reports where they appreciate their vehicle.

Put it in sports mode n floor it. It moves!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my car is a RX400h, but I always look forward to it going in for its MOT or service, because I know I'll be loaned a CT200h for my 70 daily commute for a couple of days. I love the car, and will seriously be considering one when our second car is due for a replacement.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Seth and other Advance owners...

now that you have had your cars for a few months, are you still happy with the Tahara upholstery?

Would you recommend it?

Hi Daniel

I still feel the same about the whole car. its great. the upholstery is good because you can just wipe it down. Now that its turned colder, I would like heated seats but as it wasn't an option (without upgrading and costing a couple of grand more) I'll just have to put my thermal pants on!!

I still like the looks that you get when driving, especially on electric in car parks when you sneak up on people!!

Seth

Thanks.

I know what you mean... I get the same with the RX. Infact, I enjoy the relative silence so much that I often drive without the radiio on.

Still considering upgrgading our second car to a CT when the time comes. The Advance seems to offer a good compromise.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my CT Advance relatively recently and it now has 14k on the clock. The Tamara upholstery looks like new, no marks at all. On these winter mornings, it is cold when I first get in, but it warms up very quickly, much faster than the leather seats in my last car.

Chris

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links