Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Something Is In Need Of A Change...but Not Sure What?

Hi,

I own a Lexus IS200 Sport (2001) with 120,000 miles on the clock, todays temperatures outside have been up and down and I've only drove about 30-40 miles.

Anyways this problem I've encountered is not when the car is moving, but when the car is stationary. When I stopped to drop my partner off earlier this evening, I left the engine running, but then decided to turn it off. After about 5 seconds I decided to turn it back on however, it wouldn't start....this is a first. I then left it for 10 seconds to give it another go and it decided to start after about 2-3 seconds of (whatever you call it when the ignition is trying to start the motor). When I got home I decided to give this is another go, as I parked on my drive, turned the engine off and waited for all of about 5 seconds I turned the key and again within 2-3 seconds it decided to start, turned it off, waited again and second time round it started after about 4-5 seconds but it sort of choked and had a little cough (best way to describe it) as it started, this is kinda worrying me as I'm not quite sure what the problem may be. It had it's MOT 2 weeks and had a flawless pass, Battery is only 2-3 month old as well, so I don't think it would be that.

That all said is there anyone out there that can assist/help me with guidance in the right direction to the problem! If there is one...it feels like there is one! :(

Cheers

Jon

This happened to me on the first day i bought my IS. I called the guy back up after i gave him the cash and said the car wont start! this was after starting it once and turning it off again. the time it took him to come back out and try starting it again, it spluttered to a start. He said the car had been sitting for a few weeks and the Battery was weak. The Battery indeed was on its way out as i had the RAC out a few weeks after

This could be anything , what is the last time the car been service, before u spend money on anything try simple thing like hight octene fuel , such as v power.

Pretty sure a lot people have this problem before if u look at old posts.

I've also encountered this it could possibly be due to the Lexus being cold and rather fuely similar to being flooded or the starter not catching on the ring gear? I've also got hid fitted to mine and if I leave them on for a few mins it really struggles to start n I have to turn them of for a min before it will start

Hope this helps

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links