Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Im looking for a set for my mk4, 17s i think, the only thing Ive found are the original aftermarket ones. Want some that look good but are not sporty cos it aint a sport car.

As the aspect ratio lowers, higher grades of sidewall material have to be used. The latter is necessary to maintain a reasonably accurate speedo although as a rule ±1% will not be too bad. Checkout the rolling circumferences of the tyre manufacture too.

Another factor to bear in mind is the ratio of the rim width and the tyre width to use the tyre at its best. These days for sportier handling up to 90% is typical.

Offset, if you change the size of your rims then you must look at this so as to avoid fouling of the wheel arches. As Lexii are RWD, the calcultion is a little simpler though it would be a shame to spoil the CD figure of the LS400 which is one of the best on the road.

Weight distribution has to be considered between front and back.

Tyre pressures with the new alloys will have to be considered.

Then there's hysterisis pertaining to when the grip goes, roadhoalding quotient, castor, camber, base resonance and whether the front and rear resonances are reciprocal, the rapid-reaction adjustable valving (TEMS) on the Lexus in PWR/ECT mode.

But I'm sure you guys have already done the calculations.

the 17" Aurora alloys from lexus were being sold off cheap and look very good on the LS. better than standards. the are the official optional wheel for the GS which is why I wear them on mine but they DO look good and were only £50 a rim. Chris Shipley might be able to get you some...

THey should be £2000 for a set of 5 or something daft like that.

Loz

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links