Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Got My Ls Lpg Converted This Weekend

Well I took the plunge & got this one done at profess in Cardiff. They have done a neat job & it ran perfect for the 200 mile trip home, Seems to be every bit as good a kit as the BRC I had on my last LS. £1200+ VAT with a life time warranty. I will keep you updated on the economy ect over the next few weeks.

Went for a 680 x 30 doughnut in the spare wheel well 94 litres which gave an 84 litre fill.

Well I took the plunge & got this one done at profess in Cardiff. They have done a neat job & it ran perfect for the 200 mile trip home, Seems to be every bit as good a kit as the BRC I had on my last LS. £1200+ VAT with a life time warranty. I will keep you updated on the economy ect over the next few weeks.

Went for a 680 x 30 doughnut in the spare wheel well 94 litres which gave an 84 litre fill.

Welcome to that select group of very happy Lexus motorists. Mike

I will be very interested to see the updates on economy.

£1200 plus VAT from what the OP said.

Congratulations on taking the plunge! As others have said, do keep a careful record of fuel costs/mileage and report back in a few months and let us know what you have saved!

Also, have a listen to the engine note when running on petrol and then when running on gas. Mine is slightly different and would be interested to know what yours is like as a new conversion.

My last 400, I had converted to gas a brc system no problems in 5 years I saved £8000 in fuel.

I have had problems with this one on day 2, I stated it this morning & it cut out tried again & it cut out, Switched off the lpg & it started straight away on petrol. It was trying to start on gas (a set up problem) I switched it over to gas when it was warm only to have the lights on the switch flashing & it didn't switch over to gas.the lights were saying it was out of gas 84 litres in 200 miles !!.

I filled it up on the way home from work 41 litres ( it seems the multivalve in the tank may have been installed upside down).

The boss from profess Leon was on holiday while my conversion was carried out & it seems standards may have slipped. Or too many conversions were booked in & not enough bods to do them. I left the car with them Friday 10 am & collected Sunday 4 pm.

I will be taking it back for them to sort it out. Its a shame as I haven't seen any bad reports about profess i will keep you posted as things develop.

My last 400, I had converted to gas a brc system no problems in 5 years I saved £8000 in fuel.

I have had problems with this one on day 2, I stated it this morning & it cut out tried again & it cut out, Switched off the lpg & it started straight away on petrol. It was trying to start on gas (a set up problem) I switched it over to gas when it was warm only to have the lights on the switch flashing & it didn't switch over to gas.the lights were saying it was out of gas 84 litres in 200 miles !!.

I filled it up on the way home from work 41 litres ( it seems the multivalve in the tank may have been installed upside down).

The boss from profess Leon was on holiday while my conversion was carried out & it seems standards may have slipped. Or too many conversions were booked in & not enough bods to do them. I left the car with them Friday 10 am & collected Sunday 4 pm.

I will be taking it back for them to sort it out. Its a shame as I haven't seen any bad reports about profess i will keep you posted as things develop.

I am sorry to hear you have got this problem. I have never had a problem with any install they did for me and I know several friends who have installs by them, all without problems. The boss will be fuming when he gets to hear about it. As for the Gas Guage no one takes any notice of them. I have never had one that was acurate and mine like yours shows empty at 200 miles and still has around another 140 miles left in the tank. Good luck with the problem I know he will sort it for you. Mike

Hi the gauge read nothing the problem is the gas switched off after 200 miles because it thinks the tank is empty with 43 litres left in the tank. It will only run on petrol & not switch back to gas. I'm sure they will sort it out. It runs great on the gas but a 41 litre fill is no good to me in a 95 litre tank. Leon has booked me in for sat week & thinks the float is stuck so a new valve will sort it.

Hi the gauge read nothing the problem is the gas switched off after 200 miles because it thinks the tank is empty with 43 litres left in the tank. It will only run on petrol & not switch back to gas. I'm sure they will sort it out. It runs great on the gas but a 41 litre fill is no good to me in a 95 litre tank. Leon has booked me in for sat week & thinks the float is stuck so a new valve will sort it.

Good luck, shame you have another trip down to Wales but I know they will sort it for you. Mike

Have to go for the 1000 mile calibration aswell so should be just about on it by the time I get down there.

Ask about the Lap Top cable so you dont have to go down to have it serviced. Mike

Have to go for the 1000 mile calibration aswell so should be just about on it by the time I get down there.

Ask about the Lap Top cable so you dont have to go down to have it serviced. Mike

I have the lap top cable but they still want the car in for its 1000 mile callibration Was yours done remotely.?

I have the lap top cable but they still want the car in for its 1000 mile callibration Was yours done remotely.?

No I had to have the 1000 miler done on site thats when I bought the cable. The reason for the 1st service being done on site is that they check all the installation physicaly. After that the likes of anything hanging off the car belonging to the LPG install would be highly unlikely. Mike

I am impressed that you got a tank this size in the spare wheel recess. Presumably the boot floor must now sit slightly raised to accommodate it?

I also ha dine done at profess and habpve found it very good. Did they persuade you to go for a more powerful condenser? In my case they did nit totally sure it was needed bug went fri t anyway. The performance of the system is excellent s far. Will be interested to see what level of economy you get.

Regards

Barry

I am impressed that you got a tank this size in the spare wheel recess. Presumably the boot floor must now sit slightly raised to accommodate it?

I also ha dine done at profess and habpve found it very good. Did they persuade you to go for a more powerful condenser? In my case they did nit totally sure it was needed bug went fri t anyway. The performance of the system is excellent s far. Will be interested to see what level of economy you get.

Regards

Barry

So will I when they fix it, My conversion hasn't been that professional so far read my other posts.

Ok been back to profess with the problems with the conversion. Leon was mortified when he saw it. Its in there for the week getting sorted out. will keep you posted.

At least you will sleep better tonight although its never nice not having your nearest and dearest in the driveway/garage. Mike

Regards

Barry

Hi the tank sits 30mm proud so I will raise the floor & make some storage for first aid kit tools bulbs ect. I got the 350bhp vapouriser & hana injectors will be fitted. No flashlube as its not required has come to £1440.

Going to pick the Ls up tomorrow, the loan car a nissan QX 2.0 V6 isn't to bad a motor. I am looking forward to getting back in the ls. Got to say Leon has been great at keeping Me updated on what's been going on. I will post on Sunday what the outcome is looks all good so far.

Going to pick the Ls up tomorrow, the loan car a nissan QX 2.0 V6 isn't to bad a motor. I am looking forward to getting back in the ls. Got to say Leon has been great at keeping Me updated on what's been going on. I will post on Sunday what the outcome is looks all good so far.

Good luck, the sun is shining and that allways makes everything OK.

Look forward to hearing the result. Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links