Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Offered To Buy Sc 430

VRF28

Hi I am just looking to part with my SC 430 mainly because I am just not getting time to drive it and it ends up in the garage covered up.

I spoke to the dealer I purchased it from and he has offered £4750 it is a 2002 with 79,750 miles with full history and only approx 1000 miles since last service at Lexus including the timing belt change.

Is this valuation enough or should I try for more.

It is a trade sell as I am not buying anything from him I have a company car and I just bought a New XF for my wife.

Look forward to any advise

Regards

hi

no not nearly enough.check out autotrader for prices and milage ,yours should be around 6.5 k all the way up to 10k depending on the history and condition ,colour plays a big part in how quick it will sell as well ,but 4.7k ..... if it was me hed be on the floor cheeky git.

if you dont need the money now stick it up for 8k and wait ,may is going to be nice and thats when people start to look ,also park it where people can see it with a sign saying its yours for 8k ,but please dont let it go for 4.7 it`s just not cricket,

i hope you do well john

hi

no not nearly enough.check out autotrader for prices and milage ,yours should be around 6.5 k all the way up to 10k depending on the history and condition ,colour plays a big part in how quick it will sell as well ,but 4.7k ..... if it was me hed be on the floor cheeky git.

if you dont need the money now stick it up for 8k and wait ,may is going to be nice and thats when people start to look ,also park it where people can see it with a sign saying its yours for 8k ,but please dont let it go for 4.7 it`s just not cricket,

i hope you do well john

I agree sound advice...

Most definitely not enough - I paid £7k for 2002 with 127k on the clock!!! These cars are few and far between, we had trouble sourcing one and drove for miles to view one that was in terrible condition and priced up at 10k.

Hi thanks for all the advise. Is auto trader the best place to sell these cars or is there somewhere better.
I am just going to put my plate on retention and get some photos done I can then decide where is best to sell.
Regards

Edited by janey
Non Gold

Don't forget selling it straight to a dealer is always going to be a last resort. He has to carry the risk of selling it and has to offer a warranty. Profit is not a dirty word so he needs some of that too. He can only offer you a "trade price".

If you are ever looking to part exchange at a garage get the cash price first then ask for the "trade price" for your car. Then you know how much you need to sell it for privately to be better off. Bear in mind it is the balance to change that counts rather than getting emotional with the price the garage offers you for your vehicle.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links