Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Flat This Morning

Essex chelle

Got car out garage and tyre front drivers side was flat, seems its been going down for some while as I had forgotten to check my pressures and no longer have the pressure light connected - so lesson learnt!!! Drove to tyre centre cost to replace one run flat £260 after conversation with the advisor there decided to switch to non run flats on the front so went for Avon £333 for front two. Will be replacing back ones next month, Ob need to keep close eye on now as have no spare wheel, but he did say as long as I've got breakdown cover I can get towed back to the garage and the avons have a puncture guarantee for a year.

Got car out garage and tyre front drivers side was flat, seems its been going down for some while as I had forgotten to check my pressures and no longer have the pressure light connected - so lesson learnt!!! Drove to tyre centre cost to replace one run flat £260 after conversation with the advisor there decided to switch to non run flats on the front so went for Avon £333 for front two. Will be replacing back ones next month, Ob need to keep close eye on now as have no spare wheel, but he did say as long as I've got breakdown cover I can get towed back to the garage and the avons have a puncture guarantee for a year.

£333 for two fronts seems a lot but I am sure you will like non run flats. My son has just sold a BMW 335 to a dealer in Essex. He sold it for around £11000 (good price up here) they came up paid transfer and took it away. Its on their forecourt at nearly £14000 now. Prices down south are so much higher than the north. I can get two tyres (non run flat) and not budget. For around £130 each.. budget would be about £40 cheaper each. Did you put on Continentals ? there is a big difference in tyre prices.

Hi no I put on Avons - I've used these on my last car and great in the rain, yes prices are dearer down south unfortunately! I prefer the Avons already the drive feels better, so will get rid of the back ones after my holiday and we looking at getting a space saver spare now too!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi no I put on Avons - I've used these on my last car and great in the rain, yes prices are dearer down south unfortunately! I prefer the Avons already the drive feels better, so will get rid of the back ones after my holiday and we looking at getting a space saver spare now too!

Good to know Avons work OK as Continentals are so expensive. Thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links