Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alloy Wheels Upgrade Help

I've got the OEM 17" wheels on my IS250 and i'm considering changing to some aftermarket rims preferably in black. I'm thinking 18" or dont mind 17". I have no idea how the rim measurements work, i want wheels that are direct fits and have the exact same fitting specs as OEM wheels. I dont want to have to use any kind of adaptors to correct the wheels.

Also, the OEM wheels have 245/45/17 at the back and 225/45/17 at the front, does this mean i need wider rims at the back? or just wider tyres?

Any suggestions of what wheels might look nice on the IS250?

Any help would be much great.

Thanks

OEM Specs:

17 inch Wheels

PCD: 5 x 114.3

Offset: 45 all around

F alloy size: 17 x 8J

F tyre size: 225/45/R17

R alloy size: 17 x 8J

R tyre size: 245/45/R17

So basically we have a wider tyre in the rear. The width is the same for all wheels.

18 inch Wheels

PCD: 5 x 114.3

Offset: 45 F and 50 R

F alloy size: 18 x 8J

F alloy size: 225/40/R18

R alloy size: 18 x 8.5J

R alloy size: 255/40/R18

Staggered wheels with wider tyre at rear.

Both these specifications are quite conservative but if this is what you want then go for it. What colour is your car?

Have a look through this lot to get a few ideas. http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/386719-2is-wheel-thread-index.html

Apart from the different manufacturers, I notice there's also a link specifically for 18" rims.

I had 19" rims on my IS250 SE-L 19x8.5 fronts and 19x9.5 rears, but the car was also lowered, otherwise it would have looked slightly odd..

They wont. The key is the bolt pattern. You need 5 x 114.3.

From the same website:

18's that will fit your car

Staggered 18's that will fit your car

PS: Check bolt pattern for individual alloys because despite using these filters it seems to display some that wont fit your car

They wont. The key is the bolt pattern. You need 5 x 114.3.

From the same website:

18's that will fit your car

Staggered 18's that will fit your car

PS: Check bolt pattern for individual alloys because despite using these filters it seems to display some that wont fit your car

Thanks for that. Would i need staggered setup wheels? would just having wider tyres at the back be sufficient just like the setup is with the 17" wheels?

Staggered is recommended/desirable but I guess it depends on what you are trying to achieve. If you just want to change wheels then you should be okay with a non-staggered setup as long as you chose a wider tyre for the rear. If you want the car to have a better stance aesthetically than staggered is the way to go. Unless you lower your car I doubt you will achieve much as far as looks are concerned.

:)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links