Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Double Din Head Units

Simple question,

Will these fit my Lexus IS200 Sport:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pio-avhx5500bt-pioneer-avh-x5500bt.html

or

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/299/35829/SPH-DA100/page.html

Also has anyone else go a DD head unit? Has anyone got any recommendations, if you have any.

:) Thanks

DA-100 will fit good I have it too ... but you need a fascia.

It was covered and commented previously on the forum indeed

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/80811-is200-new-audio-system/?p=807341

Thankyou!

I'm really thinking about the DA-100 for the price, can you tell me how long you've had it for and what you like/dislike about it? :)

Also with the install, how easy this? I have a friend that's installed a few before, but I'm just thinking whether or not I'd be able to do this by myself?

Do you have the factory unit on?

If so you will have to bypass disable the factory amp ... not sure if there is a kit out there the can still be used with an aftermarket stereo.

I got mine with an after market already installed. So the installation was very easy just adjusted the Fascia and ... that was it.

You will have to remove all the centre console above the ashtray and ... up (A/C dials, stereo, Vents) ... so it does take some time.

I had the DA-100 for about a year now ... love it, the sound quality is superb even without an amp installed and driving the factory 9 speakers (8+1) does really well, outperforms the speakers most of the times.

Are you going to use an iPhone/iPod touch?

Or are you going to use an Android?

Appradio app is really good on both cases, although I have bought the ARLiberator app from the google play and I have full android functions and can open any app, satnav, internet radio etc... everything you can think of.

If you do not use that ARLiberator app, you are limited to the appradio compatible apps only.

It does now support Iphone 5 and iPod 5th Gen ... dont know if the cable comes with it ... for Iphone 5 ... but it comes with normal Iphone cable. To charge and play/apps

For android it does not come with the KIT you wil have to buy one, it is just a normal HDMI connection, depens on the phone you have really.

• Like 1

If so you will have to bypass disable the factory amp ... not sure if there is a kit out there the can still be used with an aftermarket stereo.

I got mine with an after market already installed. So the installation was very easy just adjusted the Fascia and ... that was it.

You will have to remove all the centre console above the ashtray and ... up (A/C dials, stereo, Vents) ... so it does take some time.

When I bought the car in came with a 1-Din Kenwood player.

Ahh right I see! Well I will see how it goes, just wondering really have good the double din DA-100 is because it looks so clean and that's really the way I like it :)

edited the post while you were replying

hope it helps :)

Also you might already have the 2DIN fascia ... dpends on what it is .I did not have to buy a new one... just removed a few bits and the 1DIN Fascia converted to 2DIN Fascia :) :)

I was pleased with that.

I had the DA-100 for about a year now ... love it, the sound quality is superb even without an amp installed and driving the factory 9 speakers (8+1) does really well, outperforms the speakers most of the times.

Are you going to use an iPhone/iPod touch?

Or are you going to use an Android

Appradio app is really good on both cases, although I have bought the ARLiberator app from the google play and I have full android functions and can open any app, satnav, internet radio etc... everything you can think of.

If you do not use that ARLiberator app, you are limited to the appradio compatible apps only.

It does now support iPhone 5 and iPod 5th Gen ... dont know if the cable comes with it ... for iPhone 5 ... but it comes with normal iPhone cable. To charge and play/apps

For android it does not come with the KIT you wil have to buy one, it is just a normal HDMI connection, depens on the phone you have really.

Wait, there are 9 speakers? I know there is 1 on either front door and an additional one either side next the wing mirror, and the two on the parcel shelf but there's 3 more? o.O

I'm going to be using an iPod Nano and HTC Sensation (Android) soon to be a Nexus 4 when I get around to upgrading

I will most likely buy this ARLiberator you speak of, seems to be worth it!

So for android I'll just need to connect up HDMI > HTC USB and I'll have full control over my phone but on the screen? :)

well according to the manufactures the split units (ie cone - twitter) are conciderd seperate speakers ...

so 2 on each front door

2 in the back pillars

2 in the wheel arches

and 1 subwoofer in the rear wing.

Remember I have the sportcross ... Don't know what the speaker layout it in the Saloon :S

Regarding the cable What phone you have?

well according to the manufactures the split units (ie cone - twitter) are conciderd seperate speakers ...

so 2 on each front door

2 in the back pillars

2 in the wheel arches

Remember I have the sportcross ... Don't know what the speaker layout it in the Saloon :S

Ahh you see I imagine there'd be more in the sportcross, I have the saloon.

I have a HTC sensation!

so 2 on each front door

2 in the back pillars

2 in the wheel arches

Ahh you see I imagine there'd be more in the sportcross, I have the saloon.

I have a HTC sensation!

I think this is what you will need., Cheaper than the Pioneer kit, however you need to go to the appradio Forums and see compatibility.

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/htc-mhl-hdmi-tv-out-cable-ac-m490-p29367.htm

Appradio Forum link is here

http://www.appradioworld.com/

And here

http://appradioforums.com/Forum-ARLiberator

Hope it helps

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links