Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help! - Advice Needed

keithT

Hello, I've just registered and would really appreciate some advice. I've been looking for a LS400 and found a '94 L-reg which has been imported from Singapore. It is unblemished, 64000 miles, but no service history. The dealer tells me it has had the odometer and speedo replaced (km to miles) and is fully "notorised", I think that means authenticated?!

My concerns are (a)whether or not the car is "UK spec", (B) whether their would be problems with getting Lexus to service it here, and whether parts would be available or more expensive than a UK LS? Also, I wonder if it would be possible to obtain a replacement service book which I could use from now, and a service print-out from Lexus for its servicing in Singapore.

The car is a really good price for the year, but should I jump in with both feet, or not touch it with a barge-pole??? :unsure:

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I am new and I do hope to own a LS soon, so any comments would be greatly appreciated - thanks.

Thanks, you're right about them not showing the mileage, I just assumed the guy who imported it was being straight with me. I might give my nearest Lexus dealer a call tomorrow to see if they can retrieve a history with a VIN no.

For the year and (assumed correct) 62000 miles I thought GBP 6K wasn't too bad. :unsure:

doubt if the dealership will give you much joy

nearly all imports are low mileage anyway... there is no way you can trust it.. the clock can still be wound back over there.

your best bet is to get i AA checked when in the UK... because you imported it through a company does not mean you have to part with your cash.

Simple thing is that if they are not telling the truth then you can get your deposit back.

Worn pedal rubbers always give it away!

also i have seen 70,000 LS400's for 5k.. loads of them.. and all with history. I would shop around.. i was looking for one myself and came across some really nice cars!!! One was so immaculate inside due to it being one lady owner.

Guest mark_tsang

hard to say buy it or not.... not sure if is UK spec but i know later models LS400 in Hong Kong are UK spec with rear fog lights & headlight cleaners etc... exception of speedometer in km/h. may be same with singapore ones, it be cheaper if is, it keeps costs down, lot of car companies does nowadays.

in singapore, car laws are very strict so i thought it have stuff like service history & other required paper work & some permits that only allow you to drive at weekends. whereas government/police is very strict on modifying cars i.e. anything that is not originally fitted or not 'original' type equipment on your car in singapore is considered illegal.

Many thanks for all your replies. I think, on balance, I am probably better off taking mudzs and Le Directors advice and keep on looking, so thanks again, this forum has been really useful. I will definately be going gold when I do find "The One" :) Meanwhile, back to Autotrader :yawn:

Just a quick update - I'm picking up a '95 LS400 on Sunday, UK model with full Lexus history, looking forward to the cruise home! :yahoo:

Thanks again for all the advice, I've also "gone Gold", so see you soon!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links