Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hiya, I own a 2002 Lexus GS430 which unfortunately now requires a combination of a possible 3 cats and 4 oxygen sensors, I am wondering if anybody knows of any after-market uprated cat/sensors that I can fit, a possible aussie pipe would be awesome if it is possible to get the emissions right and I am also looking at other modifications that are available to my car.

I am currently finding it rather hard to find any kind of upgrades available to this particular car.

Many Thanks To Anyone That Can Help

Martin Hoare

There's not a lot in the way of upgrades for the 3UZ. You could get an induction kit although keeping the stock air box and fitting a high flow panel filter would be better. It may be worth having a stainless exhaust fabricated, possibly including some high flow sports cats. Cams are another option but to be honest, without going FI, you're not going to see massive power gains.

You could also look on lextreme.com and see if there is a supercharger kit available.

Look for some Denso Oxygen sensors - they should be cheaper than Lexus for OE equipment.

The cost of tuning an NA lump is usually just not worth the performance gain.

As someone who has tuned many Toyotas the only thing worth doing would be to swap the exhaust and fit a panel filter. You'll maybe notice improved throttle response but you'll never have to buy these parts again as they will last a lifetime.

Personally, I wouldn't tune a GS430 unless going with a turbo or supercharger - even then I'd want to rebuild with stronger internals.

• 2 months later...

Truthfully only benefit i have noticed is the saving with never having to buy another....when it gets dirty wash and replace. might be another couple of hp but not noticeable,

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links