Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lubrication Maintenance Electric Windows

Hi All,

Has anyone had any good or bad experiences using silicone lube or wax lube when doing the maintenance clean etc on the electric windows glass,guides??

Your experiences/opinions would be welcome.

Regards

Brian

Hi Brian

Yes, I have used 3M Silicone Spray on the glass runners and moon roof of my LS 400.

I should point out that my first use for silicone spray was to lubricate the safety belts as the tensioners on the front seat belts had become rather tired and were not retracting properly. This was way back in December 2011 when one of our fellow members started a thread on this subject. At that time he (I think it was Maddugo) also mentioned that silicone spray was also good for lubricating the glass runners as this would reduce the strain on the electric motors. Since then I have been following his advice although I have no way of measuring the exact effects on the electric motors. I do think, however, that this is good preventive maintenance. The effect on the safety belts, on the other hand, is instantly visible and very effective.

My conclusion is that silicone spray is clean, odourless, easy to apply and highly appropriate for the uses I have indicated above.

I hope this helps

Pepe

i have just after reading this thread bought a can of crc silicone spray as my pass side belt was a bit lazy and as been caught in the door and put a scratch on the inside sill it took a couple of mins to apply and the result was instantaneous operates just like a new belt so did them all

also the drivers front window on opening made a slight grab sound as it came down just as it cleared top i applied to runners and top rubber seal and voilla no grab i can certainly reccomend silicon thanks OP

just as an aside to this went out today and suddenly realised there was no rattle from pass side i did have a rattle here and couldnt figure out were it was coming from thought it was door then thought it was seat wife thought it was coming from sill,

But as now gone this was after siliconing the seat belt it must av been something at back of pillar but as now completely gone

good result

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links