Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changed Battery Now Electrics Don't Work

dimitri

Hi Guys .... I'm new here and a noob, so please bear with me

I recently bought a 1995 Lexus LS400 .... the previous owner stated that the Battery was old and would need replacing .... I hardly drive the car, and the Battery kept on going dead, and I used to jumpstart ... the old Battery never held charge for longer than a day

so today, I bought a used Battery and replaced it (I'm on jobseekers so am skint) .... The Battery that I bought appears in good condition, and is 71 Ah 600A

I changed the Battery and the car started (and starts straight away)

however, now none of the electrics are working apart from the hazard lights, and front headlights .... The power steering feels like it's not working proper .... to get it into gear, I need to use the shiftlock overide

I took the car for a drive around the block and the engine appears fine

any suggestions?.

everything was switched off and the Battery was connected properly .... have now disconnected the negative lead of the Battery and will wait an our or so, then try again .... if that does not work, I will try and connect the old Battery and jump start it and see if I have the same problem

Cheers Pepe, I must have had every known fault going!

The fuse is actually bolted in so don't try and simply pull it out as all you will do is remove the clear plastic cover, the fuse carrier needs to be undone and the sides should open to reveal the connections which IIRC are either 6 or 8mm bolts.

The fuse part number from Lexus/Toyota should be 90982--08274 priced around £12.00 although it may be worth trying your local motor factors first.

If you don't feel confident leave it to a qualified mechanic but whichever way you go make sure you disconnect the negative Battery terminal before starting any work.

thanks Guys ... I bought the fuse from Lexus for £17.26 .... had it fitted at our local garage for £30 ... (Lexus quoted £130 for fitting)

now we ave another problem .... when we left the garage, everything worked well and the car started straight away .... now, the remote does not work, and the car struggles to start ...

took it back to the garage, and the guy checked the Battery of the remote and its fine .... he thinks the remote may be faulty? ... he also checked the car Battery and it's fine

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links