Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stereo Cable

Gold1234

Hi All

I am new here and a recent IS200 owner with no regrets.

I recently purchased a double din along with a cable and fascia set:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004S6QTA2/ref=pe_385721_37038051_pe_217191_31005151_3p_M3T1_dp_1

I went to Halfords and they fit the stereo but then realised the cable at the back is wrong. Lexus has a power and audio cable at the back. But the cable I have is just one cable for audio (i think).

Can someone please advise me? Halfords did say they will look for a cable for me and then install properly. But I'd rather know what cable beforehand as they have no clue either.

It is a Y REG lexus is200.

Anyone had experience with this before?

post-48220-0-75036200-1379801530_thumb.p

The cable you have plugs into the amp cable which is at the side of glovebox. You dont use the original plugs at rear of stereo.

Push either side of glovebox inwards until it drops forward, at the left side you will see the amp, remove the large white plug, this is the cable you connect your new cable to.

Take everything Halfords say with a pinch of salt. I've worked there, Bit like asking for TV advice at Currys or Comet...

Well that's not very nice for all the people that do work for Halfords that do a fantastic job for every customer that sets foot in the shop. You have also disparaged everyone that works for Currys and Comet. Very hypocritical of you, and of course you have worked for Halfords so everything you say is just as I suspected a load of old tosh Typical Essex. Mike.

peteshawn-albums-my-ride-picture10206-po

you have the 2 yellow cable connected together

it's need "re-mod" as if the two yellow connected your clock will keep stay "ON"

if you remove the stock amp cable and plug the Amplifier Bypass Lead Adapter without connecting to the stereo you instantly turn on the center console clock without even turning "ON" the ignition key

as one of the wire is the memory power (run the stereo memory setting)

need to be cut and re-route (additional cable clip need, soldering)

Halfords sells things by reading the manual/computer system to you but not everything is bad as ppl trying to earn a living ... if things go wrong,they just remove it and you ended have scratches all over your console. there's pros and cons if we do our research :flowers:

Take everything Halfords say with a pinch of salt. I've worked there, Bit like asking for TV advice at Currys or Comet...

Well that's not very nice for all the people that do work for Halfords that do a fantastic job for every customer that sets foot in the shop. You have also disparaged everyone that works for Currys and Comet. Very hypocritical of you, and of course you have worked for Halfords so everything you say is just as I suspected a load of old tosh Typical Essex. Mike.

Ah Mike. Difference being, I have worked there, so I actually have first hand, behind the scenes, experience. Which makes me educated to say such things. You on the other hand, don't have that education, so you can't say such things.

But nice of you to then go on to reinforce your point about me, by then insulting an entire county of people. What a marvellous chap you are.

Ah Mike. Difference being, I have worked there, so I actually have first hand, behind the scenes, experience. Which makes me educated to say such things. You on the other hand, don't have that education, so you can't say such things.

But nice of you to then go on to reinforce your point about me, by then insulting an entire county of people. What a marvellous chap you are.

You worked at Halfords and for Currys and Comet? you worked there to. You are just a two faced.

it's need "re-mod" as if the two yellow connected your clock will keep stay "ON"

Halfords sells things by reading the manual to you but not everything is bad as ppl trying to earn a living ... if things go wrong,they just remove it and you ended have scratches all over your console. there's pros and cons if we do our research :flowers:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, so have i got the wrong cable? Apparently Halfords have the cables connected to the 2 cables back of the stereo.

Is there not just a simple way of doing this? haha

You worked at Halfords and for Currys and Comet? you worked there two.

Yes, I worked there too.

>You are just a two faced.

I'm a two faced... what exactly? Exactly. Its a statement of fact. I bet you bore them rigid at work trying to be so morally correct all the time.

Dont keep your jobs long.

Apologies to Gold1234 I'm out of here.

Its a statement of fact. I bet you bore them rigid at work trying to be so morally correct all the time.

Please state your factual evidence

Dont keep your jobs long.

Oh contraire. My current employment vocation has been ten years. Was that another statement of fact you have no evidence to substantiate? I thought so.....

Apologies to Gold1234 I'm out of here.

I think we've heard that one before somewhere...

Halfords sells things by reading the manual to you but not everything is bad as ppl trying to earn a living ... if things go wrong,they just remove it and you ended have scratches all over your console. there's pros and cons if we do our research :flowers:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, so have i got the wrong cable? Apparently Halfords have the cables connected to the 2 cables back of the stereo.

Is there not just a simple way of doing this? haha

No you didn't got the wrong cable hardness

just that need do some work on it

not entirely supporting what i'm saying here and i might be wrong

you can try d.i.y remove the amp cable and plug the cable you bought see if the clock will turn on

if it does then one of the cable need to be remove/re-route

if it doesn't then jolly good :innocent:

there's a cover showing how to remove the stock amp, u might wanna have a look

make sure all the connection is 100% working before setting up ur double din stereo as i see alot smash the screen when taking off the stereo in and out and drop the face on to the gearshift stick :nuke:

Hi All,

I found this on eBay which seems to be the right connections at the back of the stereo:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PC2-93-4-Lexus-Amplifier-By-Pass-ISO-Stereo-Head-Unit-Harness-Adaptor-Loom-Lead-/160661661057?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET&hash=item25682e6581

BUT

The cable I have is this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PC2-92-4-Lexus-Amplifier-By-Pass-ISO-Stereo-Head-Unit-Harness-Adaptor-Loom-Lead-/180734525470?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET&hash=item2a149e001e

As you can see in previous posts. Now, are there any sound/quality differences between these wires? They both seem to be AMP bypassers. I do have an amp, and the 2 large lexus speakers in the back. I just want to ensure Im making the most of the sound quality here.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links