Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Lexus Owner... Hi Everyone!

kierandj

Hi everyone!

I purchased my first Lexus just over a week ago. A 2003 IS200 sport in Silver.

When I saw it advertised I thought it looked a little sportier looking than most others which were for sale, having got home with it and browsing all over the net, I found out it had the TTE body kit. So was very happy with what I had purchased.

Also has 18" 6 spoke alloys, not sure if these were standard or added, but most pic's on the net call them Aero alloys.

Anyhooo... It's a lovely car to drive, I was surprised by how revvy the straight six engine is. I was also surprised at it's lack of acceleration (though it is sufficient).

It is my daily runabout/family saloon, but I do have a few minor modifications planned:

HID's & LED for headlights,

Slightly smaller numberplate for the front,

K&N panel filter or maybe an Induction kit,

Tidy up the calipers,

Refurb alloys,

Aero wiper blades,

New exhaust,

Front Strut Brace,

Maybe some engine dressing parts,

Am open to advice/suggestions on all listed bits, and anything else i'm missing.

I'm looking forward to a lengthy spell with my IS200, and hope to be able to get help/advice and even offer some on here.

Hello and welcome to the LOC and congratulations on your IS200 purchase.

A picture tells a thousand words so feel free to post some up,just disguise the plates for security.

Be careful with non standard number plates they have to be BS approved and may (although doubtful) attract unwanted attention and could fail the MOT.

As for the rest go for it, there is a supercharger kit for the IS but a very rare item now as no longer made.

If you did get the genuine Aero alloys that's a bonus again a very sought after item.

Thanks for the kind welcome!

I'll get some pics up within' the next day or two.

Regarding the plate, i'd be swapping it for MOT time, along with bulbs once HID's are fitted. :whistling:

The alloys appear to be identical to genuine aero alloys, were these a factory option? The spare wheel is one too, but has a little dent so shall be off for repair very soon. Was debating whether to go for a colour change to gloss black, but now thinking it might not look right with black rims.

The only thing letting the car down is a few stone chips to the bonnet (none on the TTE bumper which is pristine, so might of been added recently), so not sure if a respray or new bonnet would be the best option. I'm not keen on them car bra's, and don't want to go with a carbon bonnet either.

Having looked through at other members cars on here, there's no shortage of inspiration and ideas!!!

Sounds like the one I bought a few weeks ago. Mine has the TTE body kit and Aero wheels. My front bumper is pretty chipped. I like the wheels, I think they have a certain bulk to them - not too keen on those skinny alloys you see about.

I really don't know exactly what mine is called - I thought Sport just meant the runout models in 2005 so I was obviously wrong there...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links