Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Bought A 400H But Where Does This Go?

Hello guys,

Just bought for one of my clientsa Lexus RX400h 2007 model with 58000miles on the clock.

Lovely car I must admit love the hybrid system, never had driven one before

And boy it is FAST!!! lol

Now there is a question, see the pictures? where does this thing go???

Also is there a parcel self? cover as standard on RX400h? as it did not have one.

oh and I just booked it for the 23rd of this month (a 2 day job as they said) to change the inverter as part of the recall that is on going. (although the car drives fine).

I would like to see what sort of courtesy car they will provide lol :)

Cheers

Vasilis.

IMG_20131012_232705_zps001c7855.jpg
IMG_20131012_232701_zps90a0ac6e.jpg
IMG_20131012_232656_zps84f6974a.jpg
IMG_20131012_232652_zps87047687.jpg

Hi mate, yes they are fast !!! That part fits into the centre consol/glove box/storage compartment thingy, not really sure what you use it for but if you open up the centre storage compartment it fits in towards the front of the car. well the one in mine does.

There is also a parcel shelf which can be lifted out complete once retracted. Are you sure you have not got one as when the boot lifts up it retracts and coils up behind the rear seats and you then pull it out and clip it in when you shut the boot. It can be lock out all the time so will not retract when boot opens if you wish. Also the other side of the shelf clips to the headrest supports just to fill that area in. Fitted as standard i believe.

Hope this helps

Phil.

• Like 1

Cheers Phil,

It seems that the previous owner decided to keep the parcel self / cover and not hand it to the dealer when they did P/X

I might try to write to them and see if they have it still .... who knows.

Have a look under the floor of the luggage compartment in the back of the car. On my RX 350 the "parcel shelf" which is actually a soft blind that pulls back to cover the luggage are when the rear seats are up - can be stored under the lift up panels in under the back of the floor.

Just had a look on parts shark and they are breaking a few rx400h's , if you go onto Google and put in breaking lexus rx400h there is a few places breaking some so you may find a secondhand one from one of these places as you may have to sit down if you get a price from lexus for one!!

• Like 1

WARNING: I'd like to personally advise any fellow club members who are thinking of browsing PartShark, that the site does contain multiple images of RX Lexus' in various stages of breaking, some of which you may find disturbing..😄

• Like 1

Nothing hidden under the storage boot area :( :(

I sent some enquiries to parts shark ... only one bothered to come back to me and just say they did not have any.

And the rest never ... replied.

So eBay I guess :)

By the way £298.00 ... for an intermediate service sounds about the right price?? (58000miles on the clock atm.)

I've just had my recall done ( inverter assembly, 2009 RX400h ) It took half a day and they, Lexus , collected from my home and delivered it back. You say two day job ?

They did say two days to be on the safe side...

when today I dropped off the car they said it might be ready by the end.

So I told them ... don't worry give me the courtesy car and I will pick up mine Friday morning ;)

They will do the interim service too (58000miles one)

I am really enjoying the IS300h Luxury I have as a courtesy for now ;) :D not even a month old and 2000miles on the clock.

post-39619-0-78208200-1382553206_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links