Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Clutch Release Bearing Chirps

399amie

Hi all

Just bought my 1st lexus a 2007 220d 60k miles from lexus dealer in Croydon , and as well as numerous other problems that I have found out since buying it I noticed a chirping sound which disappears if you touch the clutch pedal lexus have agreed that it's the clutch release bearing that has worn and making the noise but won't do anything about it as it's not detrimental to the operation or safety of the car , but my problem is now I have noticed it it's driving me nuts does anyone know how I stand legally asking for them to change it ? Also the rear view mirror vibrates at the slightest bit of bass from the stereo has anyone stopped this .

Thanks amie399

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

When you say the car was recently purchased how long ago exactly and what other problems have you had?

Being purchased from a Lexus dealer I would assume there is a warranty on the car but like every warranty "wear and tear" items are normally not covered including clutch components.

It may be worth contacting the dealer again and pointing out although the noise is not a safety related item it does not reflect the usual Lexus refinement you would expect and in due course if not addressed the bearing could fail completely leaving you stranded at the roadside which you do not feel is acceptable.

Also at 60,000 miles you would not expect the release bearing to have this problem,perhaps the previous owner was a clutch rider.

You could also contact Lexus GB regarding the problem.

Although this is for Lexus USA warranties it should apply in the UK, from it clutch friction plates (clutch linings) which are wear and tear items are excluded but there is no mention of the release bearing being excluded so one would assume it is covered.

"Normal maintenance services such as engine tune-ups; replacement of fluids and filters; lubrication; cleaning and polishing; replacement of spark plugs and fuses; and replacement of worn wiper blades, brake pads/linings and clutch linings. NOTE: For 2004 Lexus models, customers will receive a 1,000-mile maintenance and may choose between the 5,000 and 7,500-mile maintenance. Beginning with 2005 models, coverage now includes the Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) program, which must be completed within 12 months from the vehicle's purchase date and the 5,000-mile/six-month maintenance."

Hi steve2006

Thanks for the replies , I have since spoken to the boss who is going to get another technician to have a look at it , but he says it's a common fault with the is220d , is this so or is that just a line . If the bearing does give up the ghost completely what sort of damage will it cause is suspect a lot.

Is anyone else living with a worn clutch release bearing has it got louder in time ?

Thanks Gary

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links