Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My cars at 72k at the moment so I guess they need changing or looking at at least.

I have read on a few post that they are near to impossible to change yourself - is this the case?

Anyone know if there's any walkthroughs around to change them?

Came across this: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/496553-is250-spark-plug-diy-half-arsed-basic-necessity.html

I've still got another 30k before mines need replacing and not sure if i'm gonna even attempt it, looks a bit complicated. If you do manage to get it done, a DIY guide on here would be great. :)

The UK model doesn't have the fuel injector in the manifold (or at least mine doesn't), so the job isn't quite as difficult as in that tutorial. The official lexus service manual has you remove the windscreen wipers, and all the plastic around the windscreen to get enough clearance to get to the bolts. That's a lot of work, and a lot of non-reusable clips.

I did manage to do it without removing the wipers/trim, but the bolts behind the manifold are very difficult. The one behind the throttle body is extremely difficult; you'll need a flex-head ratchet ring spanner to get it out (there isn't enough clearance to get a normal socket on it). I couldn't get it back in when I was done, but I doubt it matters; it'll just make it easier next time I do it.

I did mine at about 70k, and the plugs showed only minimal wear. I won't be touching mine again for 100k at least.

• 7 months later...

For the amount of parts that needs to come off to get to the right bank then its really a Lexus job although it can be done with a bit of care

Not had the balls to do this yet. !!!

i had the car, its really good.

very different to the accord, i am impressed. the gears take a bit getting used to, 1st and 2nd particuarly. but overall i am very happy.

twice i could not start the car, i dont think i pushed the button enough? the Battery and engine light came on but no start. then eventually it started.

i was crapping myself for a bit.

its really smooth and refined.

the sat nav does not work, i need to check what is wrong?

Take the car along to Lexus or contact them first - I am pretty sure they still do a free health check on their cars. Ask them what's covered when its there. Best way to get the correct answer to the sat nav issue.

By the way what is the issue with it - the sat nav sould start up when the car is started - its touch screen along with the other functions for the heating / sound etc... does that work?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links