Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just noted on the Lexus GB website, that the GS300h replaces the GS250. Seems quite cheap too, cheaper than the equivalent GS250 was. (I think).

I wonder what this will do to the resale values of the GS250?

It risks becoming a car that no one will want to buy at all as a 2nd hand car...it will just be too "dirty"

The prices seem to have dropped like a rock. Theres a 13 plate GS250 F Sport with 7k miles on it listed for £25,990 in Croydon. Im sure the car must have cost £40k new. £15k in 6 months is insane!

Hmm might consider one for the wife. Hows the power? is it enough?

It's so disappointing, and I knew I was taking this depreciation on but it really hurts. My old BMW 525d M Sport with some choice options was listed at £41k new - after 5 years and 40k on the clock I got £14500 for it. My GS250 Lux/MLS was listed at £37600; it's now probably worth £20000 trade in, if that, in just over a year I've lost 45%.

That is bad news :/

It's OK power wise. It's plenty quick enough, but it's not a car for town driving. Even though it's exactly the same size as my old BMW 5, it feels so much bigger - very barge like - and with paint as soft as it is any dings and scratches will show so easily.

The plan is to keep mine 5 years, so the depreciation can hardly be any worse in the next 4 years!! As long as I get £10k for it in 2017 I'll be happy, but that doesn't look likely!

• Like 1

It's so disappointing, and I knew I was taking this depreciation on but it really hurts. My old BMW 525d M Sport with some choice options was listed at £41k new - after 5 years and 40k on the clock I got £14500 for it. My GS250 Lux/MLS was listed at £37600; it's now probably worth £20000 trade in, if that, in just over a year I've lost 45%.

That is bad news :/

It's OK power wise. It's plenty quick enough, but it's not a car for town driving. Even though it's exactly the same size as my old BMW 5, it feels so much bigger - very barge like - and with paint as soft as it is any dings and scratches will show so easily.

The plan is to keep mine 5 years, so the depreciation can hardly be any worse in the next 4 years!! As long as I get £10k for it in 2017 I'll be happy, but that doesn't look likely!

I think the dealers may deliberately be trying to sell them off hence the very low price to make way for the 300h. I think the 250 may have been a bit of a bad choice by Lexus. I would say that the depreciation wont be too bad in the next 4 years. Im sure it will slow down sometime soon.

I plan on keeping it for another 4 years at least. Having said that you can get 450h Lux's for less then £30k too.

Looking at equivalent E class's or 5's - they all seem the same to be honest. So it's not tat much worse currently.

The GS250 (and IS250) will only appeal to a very few select people looking for something specific. I mean a very few. I only bought it because I wanted something different, and a long term keeper - something where the engineering was tried, tested, well made, no turbo's and I had no need for a diesel. I wanted refinement, but because of low miles, I didn't mind a petrol. After my "bad" in buying the IS220d, I was so worried about a new Lexus model, but the US forums immediately convined me that it was the right thing to do. I saw a few in the states just before launch in the UK but wasn't thinking about a Lexus again at all.

I really wanted either an E350 CGi (but didn't like the interior - too many buttons) or an Audi A7 Sportback - a 2.8 FSi Quattro, but there were none with 5 seats less than £40k at the time (and no quattro diesels either with 5 seats). I did ltest drive an 18 month old A8 4.2 FSi as well for £3k less than the GS250, which on paper was almost as clean (but on a test drive wasn't, as I loved hearing the V8 too much) In the end the GS250 made far more sense than a 450h because the price differential new was £7k. You can buy a lot of "extra" Petrol for 7k on a GS250 and you get a full sized boot/spare. It might not be as quick, but it's all relative - the 250 is plenty quick enough.

The 300h should sell in a few numbers - most of these larger sized exec cars are bought by business people - so BMW etal do well because of low emissions. The GS300h trounces all of them at 109 g/km of Co2 and might sway a few german car drivers away from what they are used to be just to be different.

Personally, I'm still a bit sceptical about Hybrids though everything is going in that direction. If I was gonna get a car for emissions etc I'd still stick with a VAG car - they've been doing TDi's for a long long time and are pretty good.

I plan on keeping it for another 4 years at least. Having said that you can get 450h Lux's for less then £30k too.

Looking at equivalent E class's or 5's - they all seem the same to be honest. So it's not tat much worse currently.

I think Lexus are definitely selling the cars cheaper to shift them out of the lots to make way for the newer models. Obviously, they want to get rid of the older ones to make way mainly for the GS300h and the GS450h's in F sport white.

• 10 months later...

Hi All,

Just saw this thread and thought I'd dust if off!
I've just picked up a gs250 F sport with ML system!
You're all right it was a bargain... There is something to be said about a naturally aspirated gs250 (all of which are positive so far).
And what a purr when you put your foot down.

First impressions are all good, look forward to posting more often going forward!

PS previous car was a 06 IS220d SE-L with MM (never gave me a single issue, so I must have been very lucky!)
Current Car (shared with the wife!) is a 2012 E-class, E250.

Thanks,

Shapiro

• 1 month later...

I've just got a GS250 lux with the Mark Levinson.

These cars are a bargain for what you get. Paid half the price for a 14 month old 10k miles car. Sounds fantastic and not too slow. Biggest surprise was the handling. You can really push these cars and they just hang on, plus take it easy and its a limo.

Now a two Lexus house.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links