Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Performance Mods Sc400

xxx r8td

Well hello everybody, obviously i am new to this forum but i am also the proud new owner of a 1992 SC400. I know the exhaust system on this car is very restrictive but I was curious to what other performance mods that this car takes well too and where i can find them.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

The V8 isn't as readily moddable as the 2.5TT, if you are seeking in excess of 350 bhp sell your SC400 and go for the TT.

Air intake should be the first port of call since the stock intake is woefully inadequate (Entry tube is too narrow and enters nowhere near the grill). See www.planetsoarer.com for building a custom intake (BFI) or consider a pod filter with some kind of modified scoop. Alternatively a kit can be bought from www.toyotaimportsforum.co.uk custom made for our cars.

On the same website someone is selling their backboxes cheaply so check them out. On the soarer you can remove the twin cats without fear of failing emissions, that should boost bhp [sic]. A decent exhaust/intake upgrade should pull your SC400 up to around 280-290 which should allow it to compete with the stock TTs.

A stage two upgrade is tricky and would involve modding the ECU (Limited expertise here, ok if you live in Japan). A chap in Oz is developing a bolt on supercharger kit. But very few have taken the v8 past the 300 bhp mark because it is a car designed for refined smoothness, the TT is the modders choice.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links