Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Exedy Clutch

So I got a new clutch yesterday. Mine started slipping on Saturday morning quite badly. I wanted it changed as soon as possibly to avoid any damage to the flywheel as if that needed replacing it would have been goodbye Lexus :(

This is the old clutch, how it was still working I don't know and how it hadn't slipped before Saturday is a mystery. It's worn right down to the rivets!

null_zps358f99d9.jpg

I used Mr Clutch in Bristol, they quoted me £260 fitted for an Exedy clutch! An Exedy clutch is about £200 to buy on eBay plus I get a 20,000 mile/2 year warranty! Sounded too good to be true so I asked them to show me the clutch before they fitted it

null_zps024a7e32.jpg

So the new clutch is on, still bedding in. Done about 60 miles on it so far. It's settling down all the time. It was a right pig when I first picked it up, biting point all over the place, lurching off from a standstill and juddering.

The juddering has stopped now and the lurching. Biting point is still a bit random but it's getting smoother with every mile.

All in all very happy that I didn't need a new DMF cos that would probably have written the car off... £1200 part only!! And glad its fixed before the plank and leggit meet on Sunday! :)

Bought the Exedy clutch from these guys myself yesterday as my own is slipping like mad, it landed today, looks exactly the same as your box except the price difference.

http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/c/Lexus_IS_2.0_2000/p/car-parts/car-transmission/clutch-and-associated-parts/clutch-kit/?641821460&1&f9462282b6dd06d0124a686267965fdb1b616c20&000069

• 4 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links