Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Near/side Rear Passenger Door Window Seal Knackered

I was washing the car yesterday,and only noticed that the above mentioned seal,seems to have split,opening-up to leave a gap,where I'm shuddering to think,what has leaked down into the door-shell below,as it looks like it's been like this for some time,I'm going to get the car under cover,in the next day or two,remove the door lining,and check it out,for water ingress/damage,as the old seal, is obviously unrepairable, what are the chances of sourcing a new one,anyone got any pointers on this?

Sorry about the photos turned round,-I can't prevent images rotating 90 degrees,when uploading to the LOC site.post-46225-0-39854200-1384951894_thumb.jpost-46225-0-21415300-1384951959_thumb.jpost-46225-0-39854200-1384951894_thumb.jpost-46225-0-21415300-1384951959_thumb.j

I would'nt worry to much about the water that as gone into the door as it goes in even if the seal is OK it is basically a dirt seal and the inside of the door is waterproofed with regards to any workings if you look at the bottom of the door you will see several drain slits so any water can escape.You can get a new seal but the replacement procedure requires the virtual dismantling of the top of the door and the removal of the door card.

• Like 1

Thanks for the information-it's put my mind at rest,I kind of thought it would be a right stramash,getting the old seal off anyway,not a job I was looking forward to,-not to mention,the probable high cost of a new seal.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links