Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Is 250 Mileage Starts To Get Too Much?

One thing to watch on the IS250 is that road tax is £475 if the car is registered after 31/03/06. However it is £280 if it is registered before that date. It is not a huge amount of money but it is worth considering.

I have a IS250 manual and do not do huge miles and I find it is more than suitable. The mpg round town are fine for a 2.5 V6 (average 25 mpg for the school run) and this is greatly improved on the motorways.

I do agree with the last post I have driven the IS220d and I personally believe the IS250 is a better drive, however it really comes down to what you require for your lifestyle.

Another point would be that the "major services" for these cars are at 60K and 120K and these can cost over £600 a time from a lexus dealership. I purchased my car at 66,000 and it had a service with Lexus Carlise at 60K. So I called them up and told them I was thinking about buying the car and asked them to confirm that the "major" service had been done and there was no issues that they highlighted to the previous owner which he had descided not to get carried out. There were very helpful and gave me a lot of good information which I was really surpised about considering I had no previous dealings with them.

Therefore just be aware that some people (particular with full service histories) can look to offload these cars before these major services are due and maybe factor that into your buying costs.

Thanks for the input Bobbyc, but you're mistaken about the road tax (or at least partly). What you said is true for Manual vehicles, however the autos are £280, as they have a lower rated CO2 output than the manuals.

Thanks for the reply, I was not aware that the autos had lower road tax so thanks for pointing that out.

To be honest it was the only thing I had not checked up on when I purchased the car and got a bit of a shock. (The dealer must have seen it and agreed on the spot to pay £160 towards the 6 months tax).

Out of curiousity are the autos considered better than the manual. I have never had an auto and did not really consider one, but the comments on car reviews etc seem to vary with there being pro and cons to both, but some mentioned that the manual was more "punchy" than the auto. However there are certainly more autos about than manuals because ever the dealer I purchased from mentioned that he did not come across many manuals.

The autos are pretty punchy.

Stick it in ECT/PWR mode, press the gas and she will go like the clappers.

If you wish you can use the paddles or even use the gear stick to move up and down the gears.

This auto is no slouch.....but it can be if you desire.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links