Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Owner - Pre Collision System

Hi everybody proud new owner of an ISF!

I have a Check PCS error and have checked that there are nothing blocking the unit at the front of the grill.

Is there a way of removing the PCS option from the car altogether ?

i have no idea to be honest as why would Lexus allow you to turn off a safety feature? Having said that anything is possible. Personally id be looking to get it fixed, not disabled. Youd feel a wally if you have an incident that could have been avoided. mines beeped at me twice, both false alarms caused by street furniture that did look like it was in the way, but wasn't really.

Hi everybody proud new owner of an ISF!

I have a Check PCS error and have checked that there are nothing blocking the unit at the front of the grill.

Is there a way of removing the PCS option from the car altogether ?

If you bought it from a dealer they should repair it for you. Never heard of there being any issues with the PCS, especially on an ISF so I doubt it would be too difficult to sort out.

There haven't been many about recently, which one did you buy?

Yes. You can de-activate the PCS. Have you got the handbooks?

I can try and dig it up tomorrow for you if not.

Will type it up in a private message.

Where did you get yours from mate? Lexus? Independent garage? or privately?

I'd be looking to get it fixed if it was mine.

Peter

Hi guys I brought the one at parkwaybirmingham , got a pretty good price for it in the end knowing that a few things had to done to it.

The PCS system I understand is optional and for it to cost 2k+ to repair is a bit too steep... Besides all my cars have never had one and I'm pretty sure I can live without it.

@ Peter that would be great if you could supply me with the info :)

Is it the white one?

don't want to be the bearer of bad news but that car has been for sale for the last two years at various dealers. I walked away after i looked, thought it had been in a frontal crash. Air bags gone off, new dash and ill fitting panels. If its not that one get it repaired under warranty. Im not expert just my initial thoughts.

Hi Lai,

It's actually just the pcs brake function that you can turn off. It should be a button on the right hand side of your steering wheel?

Button is in the centre with "on/off" written on it. Has two arrows either side (< >).

Press "<" or ">" to display the "pcs brake" setting. It displays on the small info screen in the cluster above the speedo and rev counter. You can cycle through the different options by pressing the arrow buttons. When you have "pcs brake" on the screen, press the "on/off" button in the middle to select "off".

It does say the pcs warning light flashes when "off" is selected? Maybe you just need to turn yours "on" to stop it flashing??

Hope this helps.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers.

Pete :)

• Like 1

Hi Stevet, it is the white one... Not sure if it's been in a frontal crash or not though but who knows eh ;) the price I paid I didn't expect a tip top condition car.

Congrats anyway mate with your car , vet your chuffed to bits with it .like the others have said get it fixed , much safer for you and your passengers .

All the best .

Hey Lai,

Any news on this? Hopefully the post I did earlier helped a bit?

Feel free to email me if you need any more help with anything. Got a couple of us newbies that are busy learning the ropes with our new toys! Lol.

Email is: peter.payne@cathedralcapital.com

Cheers.

Pete :)

Hi Pete, sorry I didn't get back to you. Tried your instructions and the cluster still reports check pcs system :( looks like I'm going to have to take it to the stealership and get a quote...

The car is amazing toy though!!

Sorry to hear it didn't do the trick Lai! :(

Fingers crossed it's not going to work out as anything too expensive!

Hopefully you got it for enough of a bargain to offset these issues.

They really are amazing cars. Without doubt the best car I have ever owned.

Let us know how you get on with the dealership. :)

Cheers.

Pete

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links