Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Potential New Owner

guyvert1

Hiya,

Having been in sporty bone crushers for the last 10 yrs I feel its time for a bit of luxury, hence being here :)

The LS 460 caught my attention , especially as they're now under 20k !

I'm looking for some guidance being a complete novice on Lexus.. So here a few questions :)

Should I be looking to buy through main dealer or is it safe via indie and private?

Are the main options either 460, 460 SE , 460 SE-L? What are the differences ? (L is long wheel base + what?)

I noticed some service packages, i.e. £21 odd per month, do most take this up and can it be added to a non main dealer car?

There does not seem to be a lot around at the moment, so not sure how specific on colours I should be, so far a dark exterior with sand type colour interior would be preferable.

Any other tips appreciated !..

Many thanks

John

Hi and welcome to LOC. :)

I know nothing about LS's so I won't pretend I do :lol:

The £21 a month service plan can be bought at any Lexus dealer for any Lexus car regardless of where you bought it.

Read the small print carefully tho, it doesn't include some service items such as spark plugs and I'm sure they'll sting you on other items too.

Hi John, sounds like you are to board cloud nine !!!

Don't think LWB was a option on 460s ? most of the other ranges of that period SE L meant ALL the options leaving you to want for nothing. Full on fantastic car, I had one for a short while (SE L) found it to be superb and surprisingly good on fuel 22 in town and just over 30 on a run. Loved the self parking mode, it could parallel park itself in a tiny space way better than I could.( nearly as well as the wife can! who says ladies cant park!!!)

I find Lexus service plans very good, not restricted by history but extended warranty may be if that's what you are also considering.

The only issues I have noticed on here with 460s is steering racks playing up on I think 2 examples and they are a lot of money to replace but Lexus are quite helpful IF it has good Lexus history.

Have you looked a LS600s? good price and lower road tax and there L means long but most L models only seat 4 persons.

Enjoy choosing, welcome to LOC and best wishes for the New Year.

Tony

Me again, just noticed Chris's comment about spark plugs, I buy my service plan thru Synter Lexus and have never been charged for anything except brake fluid once in 160,000 miles of contract so they are not all the same and like Chris says read the small print.

Me again, just noticed Chris's comment about spark plugs, I buy my service plan thru Synter Lexus and have never been charged for anything except brake fluid once in 160,000 miles of contract so they are not all the same and like Chris says read the small print.

Yeah think the service plans may differ from model to model. On an IS the spark plugs aren't included.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links