Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Passenger Door Card

200h

• 2 weeks later...

thanks exdee

i removed the handle and gave the screws a tighten up and it has reduced the creaks that i have, now i just need to find the rest of them,i think some of them are in the centre console but it seems like a lot of trim to remove just to get to the console may have to wait for a better day to look at it

Is yours not still under warranty?

yes its still under warranty but i have already asked them to have a listen out for the rattles / creaks when i first bought the car from them and they told me they had and didn't hear anythink,so i drove away and i guess you know what i heard next creaks and rattles,now what i do know is that lexus is sh i t e for panel fit and security of fastening and just like toyota their engineering for some parts is appauling overall i am not that impressed with lexus would i have another one probably not and i only purchased this one end november 2013 and i feel like this already i should of stayed with mercedes they are great cars.

issues i have found are :-

front seat belt lower mounting bolt shoulders way to long made a ptfe spacer this stops the lower seatbelt mounting from rattling along the mounting bolt shoulder (same as toyota we have an aygo also)

under body panels missing one panel nut so made a ptfe nut in the shed, some fixings had worked there way loose,where you have plastic to plastic contact i found this can make a noise so the faces that touch are now covered with some self adhesive felt to stop any noises

under the rear bumper in the corners there are plastic covers if you tapped these again noises are made

mounting screws in the front passenger door needed tightening up this has reduced the creaks significanly

the side panels on the center console again where there is plastic to plastic contact they have been covered with the self adhesive felt

i absolutely cannot stand / bare rattles creaks basically everything this car has

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links