Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is 250 2007 - Sat Nav Dvd Fault Sound

Hi Guys,

Firstly I'm new to the forum so thanks in advance for all your advice, I really appreciate it. I have searched the net for answers to this problem I'm having but I haven't found anything so I thought I'd ask you.

I have recently bought my IS250, it's an awesome car, but recently there has been an intermittant problem with the sat nav map dvd which has gradually been getting worse.

Firstly the screen would say cannot read map dvd and then would disappear and the map would replace it, I thought it was just one of those things, but it wasn't until a couple of days ago that the system very rarely shows the map any more at all, it either reads:

"cannot read disc" or "No DVD, Please insert map DVD"

I have managed to remove the dvd and give it a wipe with a microfibre cloth, hoping it might be dusty (which it was a little bit), but that did not fix it.

It also has a strange clicking sound when I turn the engine on or it could start randomly while driving.

The info on the disc reads:
86271-53031
86271-60V661A
2006-2007 Ver.2

I have filmed the problem below and hopefully someone has come accross this before and knows of a solution?

Thanks again!

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJm1OS35u3A

I would imagine it is a hardware issue (especially with the sound it is making) but a good starting point will be to put in a different disc.

See if you can borrow one from the dealers or if you have any local LOC members that can help you.

My advise is to remove the disc until you can try an alternate one.

Hi Exdee,

Thanks for your advice. I have removed the disc and will ask the dealer if they have a spare disc when I send it in for a service. Otherwise I will have to ask you guys!!

If anyone else has experience with this issue I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers

M

Have you tried one of those DVD lens cleaners? May be a mucky lens/laser reader...doubtful I know but worth checking. My itunes was playing up on my PC at home and the lens cleaner sorted it out.

Hi Normski2,

Thanks for your reply!

I have ordered one of those lens cleaners off eBay as the DVD was a bit mucky when I removed it, so I thought the lens may be too. You never know it could be that, but it does sound like a hardware issue unfortunately.

One of the last little strings of hope I'm holding onto is I saw on another website someone saying it makes this sound if the system is receiving corrupt data from the DVD, so finger crossed the lens is dirty and it's not receiving the data properly!!

Thanks again!

M

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links