Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Atf Fluid Change Questions

coolspot

firstly has anyone used Castrol transmax dex iii multivehicle in their is200?

i have a 2002 is200 se auto.

i plan to do a fluid change this weekend (never done one before), fuid gone blue/green and steering very heavy when cold, but seems to get ok after driving for 20mins or so.

i was hoping to do fluid change the easy way by sucking fluid out of the resovoir and then entering new fluid, then turning the engine on so it pumps through the system. then suck out that lot and top up each time, turn on the engine each time after topping up, suck out and repeat til it starts going pink.

im no mechanic and i saw this on youtube; a guy doing this on his subaru, just thought i would ask the experts on here first.

please tell me if the above will work, and if not, the easiest way to do a fluid change diy style.

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Power steering fluid bleeding:

1. Fill the powersteering fluid reservoir to max line with the recommended fluid
  2. jack up the front of the vehicle and support it with stands
  3. With the engine off turn the steering wheel from lock to lock several times
  4. Lower vehicle
  5. Start engine
  6. Turn steering wheel to full left lock and hold for 3 seconds then full lock right for 3 seconds and repeat the process several times
  7. Stop engine
  8. Check for emulsification (if theres signs of emulsifiation repeat the bleed procedure and check for any leaks in the system
  9. Finally check and top fluid level up if necessary to max line (do not overfill)

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm planning to change the ATF fluid this weekend on an IS200. I called to my local Lexus dealership and asked for Type T-IV fluid. They gave me Toyota D-111 fluid and said that is what they use. The head mechanic also said that in order to flush as much out of the system as possible to drain the sump, then run for 30 seconds in order to flush some fludi from the torque converter and this will do no damage. Then refill. I called a second Lexus dealer and they also said they use the D111 fluid. Neither had type T IV fluid. Any comments??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links