Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suspension

egolex

Question?

Has anyone put ordinary coil[spring] shocks on the front,,,with air shocks on the back.

I only recently have replaced my rear air shocks,and was thinking about the replacing the fronts.

but seeing as Coils or springs are much cheaper,is there a way around this.

I may as well put this in as well . :offtopic:

window switches

There are two little plastic prongs under each switch,which press down on a pad,a bit like a mobile phone pad,

These prongs seem to break quite a lot ,and you cannot just buy the swivel switch bit.[with the prongs or pins]

you have to buy the whole unit.

ie front master switch,if one prong breaks you can probably lower the rear window but not put it up again,without stopping the car and using the key in the door to raise them all.

yes my left rear passenger switch just broke.

surely you should be able to buy this little switch,for a few quid. :rolleyes:

is there a fix for this?

Sorry for the late reply I missed your post.

I have heard of cases where all 4 units have been replaced with springs/dampers but with just 2 there may be a conflict with the AS ECU as 2 inputs would be missing which could result in a permanent warning on the dash I would think.

IIRC there is a tutorial on Lextreme.com regarding air to spring conversion on the earlier LS400 models which may help.

Regarding the window buttons it's probably the usual senario, yes the part is seperate but not sold as such but finding who makes them and then trying to buy them is another uphill struggle.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links