Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Toyota Servicing...would It Put You Off?

In Lexus techs/mechanics defence, I actually know a couple of them and a Toyota main dealer tech. They are not allowed loose on any car until they have received their induction training and are shadowed by a senior tech while they're in their induction period.

They also receive a hell of a lot of training. They're going on courses all the time and when a new model is launched they go away for a whole week sometimes to get to grips with it and learn the car and recieve training on it :)

Yeh I agree that's why they repaired my stereo on my last is250 and scratched the console when they took it out .fully trained eh .

That's why when I dolled my isf my Battery was loose , wheels the wrong way around , tyre pressures all over the place , air filter not cleaned out , fully trained eh .

Two different dealers .

I'll get my coat .

You had a bad experience and sounds like they let a numpty loose on your car so therefore all Lexus and Toyota techs must be untrained numpty cowboys.... Stands to reason doesn't it :whistling:

In Lexus techs/mechanics defence, I actually know a couple of them and a Toyota main dealer tech. They are not allowed loose on any car until they have received their induction training and are shadowed by a senior tech while they're in their induction period.

They also receive a hell of a lot of training. They're going on courses all the time and when a new model is launched they go away for a whole week sometimes to get to grips with it and learn the car and recieve training on it :)

Yeh I agree that's why they repaired my stereo on my last is250 and scratched the console when they took it out .fully trained eh .

That's why when I dolled my isf my Battery was loose , wheels the wrong way around , tyre pressures all over the place , air filter not cleaned out , fully trained eh .

Two different dealers .

I'll get my coat .

You had a bad experience and sounds like they let a numpty loose on your car so therefore all Lexus and Toyota techs must be untrained numpty cowboys.... Stands to reason doesn't it :whistling:

That's the one clever lad

My preference will be lexus when the time comes purely for re-sale. Just think lexus stamps will look better to prospective buyers but for small items like when I got my Battery replaced, having tracking etc looked at ill use toyota as they are 40 minutes closer to me.

My preference will be lexus when the time comes purely for re-sale. Just think lexus stamps will look better to prospective buyers but for small items like when I got my battery replaced, having tracking etc looked at ill use toyota as they are 40 minutes closer to me.

I see your point about resale, though I think any reasonable buyer would accept Toyota as well, particularly when you have no Lexus dealer within your area.

Pete - i was annoyed by the whole break pad thing.

Dealership wise they both (toyota and lexus woodford) seem great. The only thing making me hesitate is how future buyers may view the car with toyota history and woodford is a bit of a treck.

Stu

Lexus Brum also have a thing about brake pads , mine passed the MOT without even an advisory . Lexus Birmingham keep trying to sell me new ones , which is also peeing me off . Then I find them flogging brake discs and Pads on eBay. They must have surplus stock robbing barstewards

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links