Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Suspension Noise

paul_tomo

Hi all last night/this morning on my way home from work the car started making a strange noise from the o/s/f wheel, luckily I have orded new ball joints and drop links as well as coilovers so will have most the parts to change in the next week or so, the noise is like a metal on metal squeak just like this below

this is not my car and doesnt do the noise when turning the wheel like the beginning of the video, I have had a look today the caliper looks ok pleanty ofpads and disk left also doesn't seam to be sticking all the bushes look ok non seam to have torn and look in ok condition, the drop links and ball joints look ok tbh but im changing any way the thing im starting to thik it is the shock absorber there seam a good bit of play when pushing car down etc I have sprayed with pleanty of wd40 at the moment to clean/lube it, has any body had this type of problems when shocks pack up or do you think I should be looking at something else??? Any ideas or tips would be appreciated

Both myself and Woody is200 have had the same thing lately. So I'm thinking this is a common problem with the is200 of a certain age! I just got mine back from the mechanic. Lower ball joint replaced together with the track rod end ( due to corrosion of the nut - they couldn't get it off without destroying the track rod end!) , seems to have cured it. He said they gave it a good road test and no more squeaking! I don't know if Woody has got his fixed yet. Total cost: £181.26.

http://s1111.photobucket.com/user/BexhillBird/media/Lexus/Lexusrepair001_zps38a5791d.png.html?sort=3&o=6

Seems fairly reasonable to me, what do you think? Anyway, hope that helps.

If that has cured it then im happy because iv got ball joints drop links and tie rod ends as well as coilovers ordered just waiting on them to be delivered, I habe covered all ball joints drop links and shocks in wd40 today and done about 15 mile since and I havent heard a pep out of it so its got to be one of them lol yeah it does seam like a common thing this, well as soon as all parts are here and I fit them hopefully that will cure and I can help shed some light just like your self

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links