Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I think the point is with an intake and just the headers, you can gain around 50HP.

The exhaust itself will net some gains on top, but not as many as the headers and intake combo.

Value for money would be the headers and intake, with maybe a rear silencer delete to enhance that V8 soundtrack! ;)

Ok i thought the folks netting 50HP gains had intake, headers and decatted full exhaust systems with the exhaust system accountable for a fair bit of the difference.

Still a bit sickening when you consider a turbo car mapped alone will see 25-40 BHP for under 500 squids.

Yeh thanks Stu,i have heard yours,sounds great! I don"t have to worry about MOT as I live in Guernsey,we have no vehicle tests!!!

Slightly off the subject here...but are there many roads you can let loose in Guernsey?

That's why I used to own Supra's Stu! ;)

It really depends on what you want from your car. If you want the option to run big numbers without having to pull apart the block, the Supra is by far the best option out there. Most cars produce 400HP with just phase 1 mods (intake, exhaust, de-cat pipe). You can increase this up to 550/600HP without the need to change anything inside the block! By far the most overly engineered performance Japanese car on the road.

Didn't realise the designer of the IS-F was also a guy involved in designing the Supra! ;)

What people need to remember is our engines have already been tweaked by Yamaha to produce the power we have now. That means there is very little room left to squeeze any more ponies out of, unless you go for NOS, turbo kit, or a supercharger.

Andy,in one word...no!

We do have a hillclimb & sprint I can enter but will take it away to France.

I normally go every year as it"s only a short boat trip away.

Never driven in France....must take mine over there some time.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Peter, I'll be very interested to hear how you get on with the PPE headers - a guy in the US posted results of 30whp gain just with the headers on a stock ISF which seemed pretty decent.

Details of this here;

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f/679062-dyno-results-ppe-headers-on-bone-stock-isf.html

Don't think I'd ever consider going forced induction or NOS on this car, but the headers, and looking into intake / exhaust while keeping noise sensible are definitely areas I will investigate over time.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links