Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Problem With Engine

Malzyk

HI !

Today when i finish my work i notice that "check engine" is light on and "TRC off" is blinking. engine runs normal, with full power etc. can someone tell me why something like that can happen ?

Yes go to a garage with OBDII diagnostic equipment and they will tell you the codes, once you have them post up on here and then we can assist further.

I don't know where you are located but in the UK it is not too expensive to have this done.

yeah shame your not in the UK as im sure a fellow member would gladly assist you reading. You can buy code readers cheap on eBay too, but then again not sure how urgent the problem is. can ask any garage to do a diagnostics check it takes a few minutes. the connector is under the steering wheel i believe

Depends where the connector was on your VAG, they vary. On the IS, it is on the underside of the dash on the drivers side.

Depending where you are, I have a code reader and can check your codes for you if you can't find your golf one.

Im in halufax west yorkshire. A found it, will check is it the same later. The errors went off yesterday at night so im not in rush. What software you are using to read and clear? Or you are using reader?

• 2 months later...

Had same problems...

1) Iddling check if you can feel enigne to work iregularly- its 6 pot so you should not feel it working at all (I MEAN feeling it- no vibrations at all !)

2) Check if your coolant is ok- if shes not spitting it out via expansion tank sleep well its not HGF (as it was in my case)

3) Faulty lambda on exhaust manifold may cause it- verified by code inspection.

4) I guess P0301 P0302 P0303- engine misfire- check spark plugs and coils.

5) Faulty/blocked precat on exhaust manifold.

6) Faulty throttle position sensor- but id say car would feel underpowered.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links