Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tantalising Wait

KDS

My new CT docked in Bristol last week and am waiting for local delivery. Did paperwork in the dealer Saturday and sat in a new Advance and an F Sport. Very nice - I'm being told 28th but it could move on that - so near and yet.... Will be sad to see my SE Exec Accord go after almost 13 years - it'll still serve someone well but time for a generational change in technology.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

I swapped my 57 plate accord tourer 2.4 auto for a CT advance a few months ago. Now I have got used to the CT I think I prefer it to the accord. Cetranly prefer the free road tax (£475) and the 50+ mpg (28 on the accord). Similar spec car with similar performance but cheaper to run. Only disadvantage is the smaller boot which has been big enough so far but will have to see come holiday time.

Hope you enjoy your new CT.

Thanks Paul - certainly the shrinkage in the boot department will be an issue - my accord recently brought 7 6x3 fence panels home from the DIY store to fix the storm damage. The pale leather also means I'm not going to be able to treat the ct like a van. I hope you continue to enjoy yours - with the intense technology built in I think I'm going to need a lot of manual poring.

Not lucky - I ordered it 2 days on trust after the uk sales codes for the 2014 model were issued so it will have been 3 months when I get it.

3 Months plus. Ordered mine 5th Feb only to be quoted end of May. Ordered Luxury / 16 inch hubs / Lexus sat nav with rotary control. (Read how fiddly Premium mouse control was to operate so was a no no) Dealer couldn't even find the part No for the sat nav to be added to that model so had to write it on the order form. Doesn't give one a lot of confidence.

Ask the dealer to tell you which ship it's once shipped on then look up ais and name of ship on google you 'll at least be able to watch as it has a world cruise - helped me pass the time. It came Nagoya singapore suez Alexandria Piraeus Livorno Valencia Bristol on the Fedora - lexus seem to use these ships as they are more fuel efficient. There's an app that sent me an email every time it arrived and left a port

Iphone apps are - marine traffic, vessel finder and ship finder though the later is least useful. Marine traffic works on google too - type ais fedora to see that ship en route to zebrugge and then Southampton. Don't worry if sometimes far from shore the boat is missing - it hasn't sunk - it's too far from a shore receiver and to get satellite updates is too costly to the amateur viewer.

Thanks Paul - certainly the shrinkage in the boot department will be an issue - my accord recently brought 7 6x3 fence panels home from the DIY store to fix the storm damage. The pale leather also means I'm not going to be able to treat the ct like a van. I hope you continue to enjoy yours - with the intense technology built in I think I'm going to need a lot of manual poring.

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

You certainly are gonna need manual time. Im about to go out into my drive and sit for a while setting things up and getting more familiar with the control wheel.in my 2014 Advance which we picked up yesterday. Unlike you I came from a Honda CRZ so boot is fine. I was concerned about missing the CRZ's handling but so far the CT is actually more reassuring and more grip. Miles seemed to melt away. Keyless entry and start is really nifty.

Hope you enjoy - up to yesterday my premier is feted for deliver to dealer today - crazy they can't track them more accurately. If it arrives I can't see them starting pdi till monday and they say that'll take two days so that's wed which is almost 2 weeks from the docking. Grrr. I'd like to bet yours was on same ship.

My Avatar picture is of the car in Lexus Edinburgh a week past Tuesday. They had a few pre ordered CT Advance models and luckily for me an artic white pearl model was available almost instantly. Did the deal last Friday after a drive in an F Sport in white to reconfirm my thoughts on a 2013 Advance I was taken out in to get a feel for a couple of weeks before. Anyway my 2014 Advance rides significantly better than either so you wont be disappointed.

Thanks-is the advance on 16 or 17 wheels. As I ordered ex factory in January I had to make a decision and whilst the write up said the ride had been softened in 2014 I erred towards softness and ordered 16's additionally I'd read that the 17's were more prone to keening damage and being low profile were pushing double to replace when worn out. Also the blurb suggests the 16's slightly better mpg and slightly lower co2 - in theory

17" Wheels on mine. I had no choice with it being a dealer pre order. I also had no choice in that it came with the protection pack at no extra cost to myself :-) the silver rear bumper plate gives the rear a bit of extra class.

Update - the premier has landed at the dealer this pm. I can see it in its protective guise tomorrow before it goes into PDI Monday then I get to take possession either late Monday or Wednesday - Tuesday doesn't work for the dealer or I and who wants a delivery on All Fools Day! :)

Finally picked up my CT premier today - bowled over by the quality and ride but subdued by the size of the manual!! Will post more when it and I become one - it's in the garage tonite and will be till I get fed up putting it away at night!!

The lexus product bulletin issued in January 14 says all 2014 UK models would get the TPMS system. I know what the warning light logo looks like but it doesnt appear on startup and the reset switch that's supposed to be present under the steering wheel - I can't locate. I've emailed the dealer. Anyone have an experience with a 2014 in this regard. I've got a 2014 premier. Thanks

Kevin what is TPMS? Do you mean tyre pressure sensor? Know where you are coming from on this. Ordered my Luxury from the so called up to date book sent me Feb. Ordered in Artic Pearl with 16 inch anthracite hubs (No charge option) as stated In book. Non too pleased to be informed now as can only be ordered as chargeable accessory. Just looked on line & TPWS should be fitted as standard.

Ive just checked mine and no reset switch so it appears mine doesnt have TPWS which given its in the brochure as standard is odd. The tyre valves are a lot higher standard build wise so thought was due to TPWS.

I cant find out how to input a postcode either on my Satnav or Speed Camera sites (all listed as Advance model features) which I know differs from the premium version, As I have barely scratched the surface of the manual ill wait a while before contacting Lexus.

Finally picked up my CT premier today - bowled over by the quality and ride but subdued by the size of the manual!! Will post more when it and I become one - it's in the garage tonite and will be till I get fed up putting it away at night!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

Manual is huge! The CD ROM that came with mine was of the 2013 model. It seems the car is so new Lexus are playing catchup, I can understand their wish to get something so well build out for March though.

Sorry if I was misquoting I thought TPMS was correct description of tyre pressure monitoring system. If that has indeed been omitted I wonder what else has been misrepresented. I waited for the 2014 because of the raft of add ons from earlier model and to find missings so early on is not good.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links