Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

One Year With My Is200

HoodRich

Yesterday was exactly a year since I picked up my 2000 model is200. I had dreamed of owning one of these since 1999 and although I drive a really old example, I love her to bits!

I can't believe that the old car which I bought for a "weekend car" quickly became my daily driver and now is my only car. She has proven to be so reliable, I don't see the need for another car.

The only thing I regret is not buying one these cars sooner in life - it's such an awesome car and I get so much joy from driving her everyday....more than any other car I have ever owned (including the brand new ones I have bought over the years!)

Hoping that with the proper care and maintenance, she will last a few more years. This shouldn't be such a tall order considering she has only 91000kms on her odometer at the moment. Wish me luck guys!

post-46625-0-31720900-1395774568_thumb.j

my first is200 was on an x plate bought in 2006 and I was with her for 4 and a half years and that was an awesome car with no problems,

since then ive had an r32 mk4 which I had for 3 years but got ritten off, then a 330msport and an audi a4 1.8t, but the lexus was the most reliable,

now ive gone back to lexus with the is300 because of the power 82k on the clock and I hope this is has reliable as the is200,

I don't think we need to wish you luck because these cars are great, but good luck anyway and happy motoring,

regards dave

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have owned mine for about 6 months or so now, and like you I have always wanted one since first driving one back in 2004 that was the company pool car.

Last year I needed to think of a family car for my £1500-£2000 budget and one of these really ticked most of the boxes.

luckily the exact model I wanted came up not too far away for the right price. A sport model, manual box in blue with the black interior. After going to have a look and having a drive I remembered how good they are. They drive so well being RWD compared to lots of new stuff.

Apart from a problem with the alarm which was there when I bought the car its been faultless, and everything still works.

The only thing that lets it down is i need to repaint the wheels, although it not as bad as some you see!

PS - yours in white looks really good, don't see many in that colour really?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments guys. :-)

John - yes, I am in love indeed. I can't even begin to explain the joy this 14-year old car brings me......and I have bought several brand new cars over the years.

She was a bit sick last week......was idling rough and her Battery also gave in. Replaced the coil packs and bought a new Battery the very same day. Cost me some serious cash, but she's a great car and worth every cent in maintenance.

Ben - thanks - appreciate that. The colour is a custom pearl white which I did last year. The original colour was white as well, but I wanted to paint it my own shade of pearl white.

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links