Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Will Replace The Rx450H?

Talking of fuel consumption, my RX is only delivering low 30's - is that normal? How do I get the 40+ claimed in the brochure?

I have yet to see a computer read out from a RX which has anywhere near a normal journey pattern and returns over 40........you have to bite the bullet and accept the showroom figures are from a controlled industry test demanded by government legislation, and not real world fuel returns at all.

They do provide a quite useful guide to vehicle to vehicle comparisons, but not a "real world" consumption figure.

Plus I prefer petrol engines to smelly old diesels and the Merc had other issues. All in all, I much prefer the RX with poor fuel economy, but I think to have the stated consumption so different to reality is annoying.....

And just one of the reasons we generally leave the 2010 ML350Cdi BE Sport sitting on the drive and take our 2003 Mk1 RX300 on most journeys despite the almost half fuel economy, its just a nicer place to be!

And just one of the reasons we generally leave the 2010 ML350Cdi BE Sport sitting on the drive and take our 2003 Mk1 RX300 on most journeys despite the almost half fuel economy, its just a nicer place to be!

Interesting that you rate the 7 year older Lexus a nicer car. I've been given 2 ML's as courtesy cars previously (when I drove Mercs) and whilst they look nice I simply didn't enjoy them. I definitely consider the Lexus plusher and IMHO the ride is more comfortable.

• Like 1

Interesting that you rate the 7 year older Lexus a nicer car. I've been given 2 ML's as courtesy cars previously (when I drove Mercs) and whilst they look nice I simply didn't enjoy them. I definitely consider the Lexus plusher and IMHO the ride is more comfortable.

Sure its not as "sophisticated" technically than the Merc, but it is easier to drive (less input required from driver) more pleasent an environment inside and the ride is indeed much more comfy, and also a lot quieter!

The ML is super fast, economical, big and brash and looks the part.........but..........

Sure its not as "sophisticated" technically than the Merc, but it is easier to drive (less input required from driver) more pleasent an environment inside and the ride is indeed much more comfy, and also a lot quieter!

The ML is super fast, economical, big and brash and looks the part.........but..........

The RX450h is plenty quick! And ive managed 54mpg on my RX before! Stuck in traffic for 2 hours on a downhill slip road. Pressed the EV button and just let her roll down the hill and by the time I got to the bottom the computer was reading out 54mpg LOL.

The RX450h is plenty quick! And ive managed 54mpg on my RX before! Stuck in traffic for 2 hours on a downhill slip road. Pressed the EV button and just let her roll down the hill and by the time I got to the bottom the computer was reading out 54mpg LOL.

The 2013 Lexus RX 450h accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 7.8 seconds (official manufacturer's time).

Hmmmm......Not so quick as it feels though :driving:

:D

The 2013 Lexus RX 450h accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 7.8 seconds (official manufacturer's time).

Always wondered why the RX400 felt quicker than the RX450....That's because it is! Just presumed the more modern bigger engine would make it quicker.

Always wondered why the RX400 felt quicker than the RX450....That's because it is! Just presumed the more modern bigger engine would make it quicker.

Except the RX450h weighs 600 pounds more than the 400h! The 450h takes the cake for in gear acceleration though. It feels properly quick between 30 and 80mph!

Where has all that weight come from?

Well it grew longer and wider, probably has more batteries in and the bigger engine alone will put another 100kg on. The doors feel heavier too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links