Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Left my 2010 IS200d on a side road in Knowle Bristol on Tuesday morning, and when I returned to it at 2pm, some kind person had put a dent in the bumper on the rear nearside.

No note or cctv around, so I'm left to stand the cost - the body-shop has quoted me £380 plus a rear reflector, and want the car for 3 days

I was thinking that a rear reflector would be around £15, but doing some research, it appears to be more like £50 :arrrggg-matey: Aaaaghhh

Bought a single used rear reflector from a breakers in Dewsbury today - at £30 it is better than paying over the odds for a new one, but as my wife said - it's a Lexus so parts are gonna cost !

Would a motion detector camera have caught this, as the engine was obviously switched off, and the in-car cameras I'm looking at, don't seem to operate under such circumstances?

Can anyone recommend what type of unit I should consider please?

Thanks

I don't have one of these but have often thought of buying one when friends have told me of the marks they have found on their cars after parking in carparks.

A lot of them come with "park modes" - I have seen one of these in Halfords if there is one near you

• Like 1

Recently discovered somebody has hit me and the impact broke the headlamp washer actuator. The part alone is £180 and the car will fail MOT without it.

I too am interested in a motion detection camera that can record such instances. It's really annoying.

Hey all,

I am a bit of a "I will catch you and hurt you" kinda guy when it comes to my car...therefore I have got a couple of cameras in the car...Russian-stylee! :innocent:

Both cameras are rechargeable and have motion detection. I can't find the seller that I bought them off, however they are cheap (£20 - £30 + import duty if you get collared for it) and work very well indeed. Here's the same model of one of mine:

Dual Lens DashCam - There's lots more....just search 'car camera dual' on fleabay.

As it says...its dual lens....the good thing about this one is that both lenses can be turned in all sorts of directions. Both cameras can be set to record on a rolling basis from 5 to 15 minutes so you don't need a large MicroSD card if you are using it just through the day whilst driving. However if like me you want to use it for leaving your car unattended (even through the night...did I mention it has InfraRed Night Vision too?!) then you will need a 32GB MicroSD card and disable the rolling recording function along with the function to auto-switch off when you turn the engine off.

Just to note....no wiring into the vehicle is required at all...only the 12v charger when you are driving to charge it for the overnight or car park stuff.

Oh, also....it's best that you have tinted rear windows so you can stick the camera on the rear window so it won't be seen if leaving it overnight as leaving it on the front screen is kinda asking for it to be nicked... :whistling:

Can you guess I am impressed? Might be overkill in some peoples eyes....however for the very low cost and plug it in and leave it....it's a good buy for me :hohoho:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, I just took the plunge and ordered a Blacksys CW100 from amazon. They're on special offer at 70 quid with free p & p - some E-bay sellers are asking double that.

Just hope it works and my car isn't broken into to steal it......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links