Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Subwoofer Install

In my previous car I had a Pioneer subwoofer, very discreet and also very good at adding some bass.

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/archive/TS-WX77A/page.html

I took it out if the previous car and thought the the Mark Levinson sound system would be good for bass. After a few drives the clarity of the music is very good but it lacks the rhino of some bass.

A quick look in the boot shows what looks like an AMP. Has anyone here got any experience with sound systems in the IS-F as although not a necessity it would be nice to have the pioneer sub in the car.

The link you posted is that of an amplifier so it is difficult to see what subwoofer you are referring to and if it will fit in the stock location.

If you referring to the TS-W841D then you are in luck as there is a whole thread about it on the US forum:

Mark Levinson Sub DIY

One thing however to keep in mind is that the subwoofer port on the mark levinson range has a limited frequency response. This means that the bass can get weird, especially if you have tracks with a lot of bass variation as the subwoofer will only play parts of the bass tunes. If you upgrade your subwoofer this may become more noticeable.

The way around this is tapping into your front speakers and running an aftermarket amplifier and subwoofer from there as they are allocated a much wider frequency range.

That sounds like a job for someone who knows there stuff. As much as I like getting my hands dirty I always worry I'll break something, or a clip

The link you posted is that of an amplifier so it is difficult to see what subwoofer you are referring to and if it will fit in the stock location.

It is a subwoofer though, i can assure you. It may have inbuilt amps but also has subwoofers inside.

I think the subwoofer has blown in my IS-F. There is no bass at all, not even a single drum note.

Went to an audio fitter today, has said he can install my subwoofer. So instead of replacing the Mark Levinson subwoofer.... I am just going to install the one i have from my previous car.

I think the subwoofer has blown in my IS-F. There is no bass at all, not even a single drum note.

Went to an audio fitter today, has said he can install my subwoofer. So instead of replacing the Mark Levinson subwoofer.... I am just going to install the one i have from my previous car.

Hey Simon,

Are you going to install it in the same position as the Mark Levinson? Not teaching you to suck eggs, but wasn't sure if you knew the OEM sub is below the rear windscreen/ rear headrests?

Have you checked the sub to see if it's knackered?

I'm more than happy with the bass in my car.

Keep us posted on your progress mate.

Cheers.

Peter :)

Im now more confused and annoyed -.-.

Subwoofer I have does not fit nicely and snugly into the car. So that rules out outting that subwoofer in.

Now i need to pull the seats out and check the existing one to see why no bass is actually coming out of it.

Will keep you posted with anything i find out ;-)

Yeh i was a big bass head in my younger years, still am to some extent but i now love the full range, love hearing the crystal clear notes as i do the smooth bass.

I have to admit i do enjoy listening to the mark levinson system in the car, think its one of the best OEM systems out.

I have however noticed that the bass seems to distort at louder volumes/big bass music, i did look at replacing just the subwoofer itself but realised how much work was involved and gave up, i just turn the bass down a little :)

Good luck with finding out the problem

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links