Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys

Hope someone can help. Currently I drive an x reg lpg converted ls400, which has been a great car, but I'm also now looking at the gs430. My questions are, what do they drive like? Are they as smooth as the ls400, what are the common faults?

Thanks in advance

Smooth enough. Don't know how it compares with LS400 as not driven one for years. I can't think of any common faults if properly maintained just wear/tear items. Pretty bombproof but as with all modern cars the odd sensor may be required at times. If you are anywhere near Sutton-on-Sea in Lincs you can have a try of mine to give you an idea.

As per Dave above, no common faults specific to the GS430. All the usual suspects for all of the older models. Calipers/slidepins is the main one, nothing else "common" springs to mind. The GS430 had the uprated brake accumulator right from the start, so not a problem with that uinlike the early GS300's.

Never driven or even been in an LS, so can't comment from a comparison perspective. The GS is smooth, quiet and very, very quick.

• 3 weeks later...

I just sold my 2002 GS430 and bought slighly older LS400.

MPG is slightly better on LS, but fuel costs are irrelevant in this segment.

Both cars are very very quick 0-60 and beyond.. i don't think there's much difference between the two.

Personally i find LS more relaxing to drive, but i miss roaring engine noise on GS.

Reliability wise both good. On GS make sure ALL the electrics work and go for the model with satnav. Test drive GS on rough road at slow speeds and also open it up on motorway. Check for suspension noise, seized calipers, wheel whobble, wheel corrosion and stone chips front end. Service history most important.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links