Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So I discovered whilst replacing my brake pads that I have not matching callipers. On the left 18 L 43 on the right 10 R 43. Hence the new pads don't actually fit.

Not sure why the previous owner chose to do this but will be speaking to Lexus on Monday about ordering a new calliper. Anyone know if you can replace calliper without kicking up a warning light?

So the outcome of this is that I've ordered a new calliper from Lexus Sheffield, fantastic service from Russell there.

He advised cars made up until mid 06 had the 10 L/R 43 and cars after that had the 18 L/R 43 so the latter is the correct one for my 07.

Wouldn't have thought replacing a caliper would give a warning light they're not usually a 'married' part and the pad thickness warning is a simple complete the circuit setup.

• Like 1

I've changed both rear calipers on my06 is2 without any problems and no warning lights...the pads low warning on mine is just a small metal fitting on the pad when the pad gets low this creates a screaming noise ...

Allan

Yeah I couldn't see any obvious sensor but didn't know how sensetive the system is!

Assuming I'm going to need to top off the brake fluid, what have you used? DOT 3 seems to be correct but hard to come by!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alex

It will not throw up any faults.

Have you fitted this caliper yet?

I had the same issue as you but I just bought a rear calliper then found out it was the wrong one but the one I bought would not fit the car as it was too small (fitting holes were different as well) ...

Sorry for not updating this!

I fitted the calliper just over a week ago, no warning lights and the new one fits just fine!

Sold the old calliper for half what I paid for the new one so didn't cost me too much! :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links