Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Meant when i come to sell it on

I look at it as 8-12k per year being reasonable mileage as such that is to high IMO and there will always be others on sale with fewer miles. Needs to be a few k lower than others with half the mileage to make it worthwhile.

Also means body will be in worse condition due to more road time so will initially need more tlc.

Stu

Hi J,

I get things for people from the States from time to time (see LED group buy thread).

Also done LED rear bumper LED's and the F sport carbon shifter for others.

Whifbitz also do IS-F parts. Have a look at the IS-F section of the shop. :)

Main one being some form of exhaust mod maybe a new system custom made to replace the fake tips.

Joe Z intake i like, if its an 08 upgrade the lights to LED daytime ones.

Then style some wider alloys, rear boot lip and front bumper lip.

So just a few atm, but with all my other cars i spend a bit too much on mods haha.

Hi J,

Sounds good on the mods chap. :)

There's quite a lot of stuff on US eBay worth looking at I find.

If you want genuine tuner parts from Japan, Paul at Whifbitz can source most things for you. Not cheap mind! ;)

Aftermarket alloys are certainly more plentiful in the US.

Let us know how you get on chap.

Cheers.

Peter

• Like 1

Yer i love the vossen wheels in the video of the blue ISF, been looking on isf owners in usa and they have some incredible looking cars.

Yer iv seen some of the prices not the cheapest! Dont see many modded in the UK is it the expense?

Thank you everyone for the help

For me I can't really justify the price when items like stock wheels etc are so good already.

Also, I have spent £££ on cars in the past only to not see any of it back on resale so for me it's just sound/power where's possible/ tints/ tart up.

I really like the isf looks so for me nothing I want to change. Having said that, if I was in the states I would add vossen wheels and maybe some carbon fibre trim on the exterior!

Yer standard i think they are a beefy good looking car, and i totally understand about spending for no investment my last three cars have all had a decent amount thrown at them to get very little back.

The white ISF for sale atm i noticed its been up for a while so guessing people viewing it have walked away, i also saw where it was in a crash?

Yeah white one has been through 3 dealers since I was looking last October! Apparently panels don't fit properly and crash repair is not good. Don't waste your time with that one.

Stu

I agree that you won't make the money back when you come to sell the car on, but you do have the pleasure of knowing you own a truly unique 'one-off' that no one else has.

The re-sale on these special cars shouldn't drop off very much I reckon. Reason being there are only 200 or so in the whole country, and sourcing a good one means spending at least £18K if not closer to £20K or more for the facelift versions.

For people like us who come from a background of modifying our motors, a tastefully modified IS-F would be just as appealing as a stock one. Granted there are the purists who would shy away from a modified car because they believe modifications means boy-racer etc, but anyone worth their salt knows a well modified car can also mean greater levels of care during ownership.

Mine for example will be getting an oil change every 5K (Lexus state 10K or per annum), is only ever run on premium fuels, is never driven hard until everything is up to temperature etc.

I love my cars enough that I like to buy them presents! ;)

I seriously doubt you can de-value the car unless you take things too far.

Neon green wraps, spinners, 40000W stereo setups etc, would be a no. Nice quality styling parts like carbon trims, nice looking wheels, upgraded lighting mods, better performing exhausts shouldn't put people off.

The other thing to consider is retaining the stock/OEM parts just in case you want to sell the car stock in the future. You can make more back normally by doing it this way, and sell the aftermarket parts to other IS-F owners like me! Lol.

Haha! I did want some spinners though, yer i always try to remove most modded parts and place standard back on. With the white one will avoid that.

Well Stu & Pete, you both been great help and definitely set on an ISF i like Japanese cars and i like them more when there rare.

I am off now till Monday so doing some shopping around and see what deals i can find.

Just got the cash last night from selling my evo IX so ready to buy when the right one comes up

:)

Hi J, I tried a M3 before buying the ISF, just thought it was a better everyday car!

The last ISF sold here in Guernsey went for £16500....was a 2008 with 36000 miles.

A private sale,was on the paper for two days before it sold.

That's a crazy price Rob! I'd love to know what goes on over there in Guernsey mate. ;)

What with you and your run in mileage (do remind me how sickeningly low it was again!), prices seem to be a lot lower as well!

Minimum on Autotrader for a car around the 40-50K mile mark is £18-20K,

Way to bring the values down Rob! ;) Lol.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links