Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The IS200/Altezza DRIFT Car........

Monster-Mat

now , the car must be sub 1000kg

OMG :ph34r:

"Gimme Traction Baby" B)

But I think traction is not important for drifting, it shouldn't be a dragcar. :winky:

ah, but i have to put stuff back in........

fuel cell, still yet to remove the OEM fuel tank, oem tank weighs at least 15-20 kg

erm....electronics...(only a couple of KGs)

erm....the 6 point roll cage is being removed and a 20 point weld in cage fitted

erm........the engine, after removal of the 1g, plus i need to fit the aluminum radiator, fit the intercooler, turbo manifold, turbo and all that sort of gubbins, so i think it will weigh back in at around....1100, or hopefully 1050

Great Job Mat(e)!

Now you have two cars I'd like to get a ride once with.

:D

:crying:

:tomato:

In my opinion the IS is the better DriftCar than a DragCar.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now , the car must be sub 1000kg

OMG :ph34r:

"Gimme Traction Baby" B)

But I think traction is not important for drifting, it shouldn't be a dragcar. :winky:

ah, but i have to put stuff back in........

fuel cell, still yet to remove the OEM fuel tank, oem tank weighs at least 15-20 kg

erm....electronics...(only a couple of KGs)

erm....the 6 point roll cage is being removed and a 20 point weld in cage fitted

erm........the engine, after removal of the 1g, plus i need to fit the aluminum radiator, fit the intercooler, turbo manifold, turbo and all that sort of gubbins, so i think it will weigh back in at around....1100, or hopefully 1050

Great Job Mat(e)!

Now you have two cars I'd like to get a ride once with.

:D

:crying:

:tomato:

In my opinion the IS is the better DriftCar than a DragCar.

The weight in the rear is the key as you can see..... :crybaby: (click)

ouch

looks like something broke

steering or suspension

even with correction to the right, the car veered heavy left, and the front wheels were pointing left :crying:

Today my HKS filter......dont like the green

and my 2 HKS guages turned up

oil temp and oil pressure.........

still need to get

boost, fuel pressure, water temperature......

ive already got a Mines LCD EGT guage

hks_crap.sized.jpg

and ive just ordered this......from japan, me thinks i may need it

Engine Torque Damper

engine_damper.jpg

Edited by Monster-Mat

ouch

looks like something broke

steering or suspension

even with correction to the right, the car veered heavy left, and the front wheels were pointing left  :crying:

Watch again and you will notice that he turns leftside when shifting in 3rd gear.... :ph34r:

My think says: "MUCH POWAAAAA!!!" B)

Can't wait to see the driftcar....

Maybe Mat can do some drifts on the sand track in the JAE area... :lol:

Mat,

i've seen alot of guys in japan running engine dampers... are they really worth it?

My engine rocks quite a bit when its being rev'd..

Just wondered what your thoughts were on it.

Mat,

i've seen alot of guys in japan running engine dampers... are they really worth it?

My engine rocks quite a bit when its being rev'd..

Just wondered what your thoughts were on it.

Am, to be honest this was the first id seen for the Altezza, so had to get it.

i think it will be "usefull" rather than worth it, as with all the sideways action it would put alot of strain on the TRD engine mounts........

Where did you get the gauges Matt? Looking for some of these myself.

i got them of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend for £40 each brand new, in Japan

Where did you get the gauges Matt? Looking for some of these myself.

i got them of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend for £40 each brand new, in Japan

That's a great price!

If you are thinking of bringing in anything else this way can I bung you some wedge to buy me some - EGT, boost & oil temp?

Mat can you tell me what this thing does??

(technician explanation please :P )

engine_damper.jpg

its an Engine Torque Damper, Adding power and torque beyond your vehicle's OEM specifications leads to increased engine twist and movement, especially under extreme driving conditions. This can result in reduced power transfer, and or missed shifts from driveline Displacement. Silkroad engine torque dampers absorbs and minimizes this movement of the driveline, thereby reducing the Possibility of costly engine damage from accidental misshifting.. Silkroads ETDs are also effective in absorbing engine movement. As a result, you can enjoy more power to the wheels, while also minimizing stress to the engine and the car body.

Mat can you tell me what this thing does??

(technician explanation please :P )

engine_damper.jpg

its an Engine Torque Damper, Adding power and torque beyond your vehicle's OEM specifications leads to increased engine twist and movement, especially under extreme driving conditions. This can result in reduced power transfer, and or missed shifts from driveline Displacement. Silkroad engine torque dampers absorbs and minimizes this movement of the driveline, thereby reducing the Possibility of costly engine damage from accidental misshifting.. Silkroads ETDs are also effective in absorbing engine movement. As a result, you can enjoy more power to the wheels, while also minimizing stress to the engine and the car body.

And where is this mounted to prevent driveshaft moving and so on??

Gearbox? Engine? :unsure::tomato:

i wont need a tower bar, the roll cage that is being welded in goes through the bulkhead and is welded onto the suspension struts, front and rear.

basically a 20 point cage

You shouldn't roll across the track, you should drift. :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links