Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Yes - I always use Shell Vpower Nitro. I didn't for a while when I first got the car but for the last year or so I have and I reckon I get about 3mpg - about 10% better fuel consumption. Since VPower costs about 8p per litre more than regular Shell which is say 128p or 129p per litre at the mo - that's 6% more. So it may well be a good deal (slightly) financially.

But Vpower also is claimed to clean the fuel system (including injectors) and it may burn cleaner which might help to reduce carbon build up on the valve stems (but that might also be down to oil or basic design, which is another subject altogether)

So no minuses for Vpower and possibly some pluses. I don't really have experience of extended running with other brands but I did once refuel with BP Ultimate. Made no differnce to the car for 1 tank and not full, but it's 13p or so a litre more - so I don't use BP garages unless I'm desperate!

Incidentally, my friend with a diesel Merc (E class, 1998 or so) was complaining about rough running. I recommended he try Diesel VPower - he's never looked back! Says it completely transformed the car - much smoother running and more power than he'd experienced for years!

johnatg,,,,,,,thanks for your reply,I intend to try the higher octane fuel and was thinking about using Tesco 99ron because it's more convenient for me, I have used the Shell Vpower in my type R but never saw any real advantage, maybe psychological.

I used to use optimax as it was then in my civic type r, I got an extra 30 or so miles to a tank. I'm going to use v power in the IS though from next fill up. Does tesco 99have cleaning additives as per shell v power?

I filled up with Tesco momentum as I was away from a Shell garage, seemed ok, I used Sainsburys normal and it ran like a dog!

But I do believe with V Power the car idles smoother and accelerates better and MPG is good

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links