Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Se 1999 Lpg Misfire, Codes Engine Light Trc

mista_khan

I believe either ngk or denso iridiums and previous owner said they were put in the car in 2012, yet lpg guy says gap should be 0.66ml for log systems on sparkies and copper core work much better.

ive changed coil pack on cylinder 2, drove 3 miles both on petrol and lpg, so far no lights have come on or codes, slight misfire on lpg when in neutral and park but that was always there from day one, but just think maybe I should change sparkies too

really need to know the model number written on the plugs to make sure they are even the correct ones for the petrol engine.

lpg sometimes needs a smaller spark plug gap. If you have iridium plugs currently then you probably should change them as it isn't advisable to change their gap.

thanks for that bud, I will change them to standard copper core plugs and re adjust gap to around 0.66ml as he told me to and see how I get on?

he says misfire exists on petrol yet im finding it soo hard to spot on petrol? but he has told me if a car has misfire on petrol, it will be much worse on lpg.

can you tell me the spark plug type for is200 so I can look for copper core plugs in same plug type

thanks

ive ordered ngk iridiums for the is200 should be here soon,

in the mean time, car has turned off on gas once and the misfire is still present yet no more misfire codes have come up on the obd2 after 40 miles of driving,

Car still idling rough on petrol and worse on lpg, ive noticed the throttle body make a lot of play once car is warm, a lot of noise which reflects the rough idle , could it be connected?

hi

Okay ive ordered 6 brand new ngk iridiums for my car, in the meantime upon closer inspection i hear a rattle from the throttle body and also the cat which correspond with the rough idle on gas, ive made 2 videos, first video of engine and throttle body rattling noise and second video is of the cat noise(little windy but you cat hear the cat rattling),

im starting to think after ive changed sparkys if it doesnt fix it then it could be the TB or cat playing up?

check the videos and tell me what you think lads?

both videos with car on LPG

engine and throttle body video : http://vid1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff509/mista_khan/IMG_1101.mp4

cat video : http://vid1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff509/mista_khan/IMG_1102.mp4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links