Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Seat Memory Not Working

dm575

Love these forums. Noticed that my memory function wasn't working on the drivers seat. A quick search - buzz the seat fwd all the way and then fully back. Same with the tilt function then it beeps problem sorted :) Happy man.
I can now get into the car after my wife has been driving it ...

Have you changed the Battery recently or had it disconnected for any reason. I ask because I have to go through this sequence every time I charge the Battery which you might see has been quite a lot recently. Pleased you got it sorted though, the cars are a real gem in many ways, you learn something about top gear when you actually drive an SC and not believe everything you are told.

Neilj

• Like 1

They do, it certainly isn't even close to being the worst car in the world but to be fair to top gear, Toyota Lexus did make a few really silly mistakes with the SC.

Run flat tyres made the ride very un-Lexus like.

It's a bit of an odd design

Ugly wheels

Back seats with less room than the Soarer.

Front seats that can squash rear passengers legs.

Also less comfortable front seats than it's predecessor and the GS.

Old fashioned aerial, even on the later models

I have a few other complaints too but I still had to have one and living with it is much better than I thought it would be.

Top Gear isn't something you should take seriously where cars are concerned. Most of them know almost nothing about engineering with the possible exception of James May who is enthusiastic about technology

When they (usually Clarkson the one with knock knees )starts going on about 'how boring engineering is' and how 'they wouldn't like to go to dinner with the man who designed a double clutch gear box' I get very turned of. I don't like going to dinner with men no matter what they do.

They give a wonderful report on the Mazda RX8 and it certainly is a great car to drive.

But what a disaster to live with......or rely on.

My son often knocks my 430SC in line with Top Gears comments but when he is sitting next to me and his knuckles are white when I am overtaking 6 cars in a row who were waiting behind a lorry (for no reason I could imagine) he has admitted it feels very fast and much more powerful than the 282 BHP its supposed to have.. When I took him to Wales to pick up a BMW335 (340bhp chipped) he couldn't stay near me on the way home.... and I don't have any extra anti roll bars either... he didn't keep that car long its 6 speed auto just wasn't in the same league as the 430SC 6 speed gearbox.

PS.

I don't think the Mk 2 430Sc wheels are ugly at all. The dinner plate ones were a disaster but in the US they seem to like that especially on cars in Jewish Racing Gold !!

I suppose if your the sort who likes to have purple rinsed hair (and many 430SC drivers in Florida do) the wheels are not a problem !!

My MK1 has the Mk2 wheels, they look a lot better. Agree with most of the other comments, the aerial is just plain stupid.Also the fuel and boot release next to each other where you can't see them - daft.

Yes, agree with all those points. Sounds like we need Peter to earn us some SC go faster points on the TG test track at Dunsfold.

Thanks for pointing out the fuel filler switch adjacent to the boot release issue, I make that mistake a lot and just blame it on old age or fat fingers.

Talking about the wheels. The lacquer was flaking on my wheels so had the wheels refurbished and paint stripped the lacquer off the centres revealing the chromed finish underneath. Against the purple pearl finish of the body work they look mega to me rather bling which is what I think the car is about.

Neilj

Sounds good, I wondered what they would look like without the black paint

Mine were curbed quite a bit. Considered a refurb but was always going to go for wider ones so now I have a spare set of the later wheels. I plan to stick some winter tyres on them until the spring but I also have an RX with all season tyres so may just get by this year.

Once you have had the car for a few days the button positions are irrelevant. The car becomes part of your body you become part of the machine...

Seriously I don't find it a problem I just feel them and I know which is which, they are in easy reach so its just a job of familiarisation.

If you find them a problem don't try for a pilots license.

As for the arial I think its retro .... If it was fitted to a mini they would charge extra for it.............

• Like 1

Lol, I like it. Good answer. The last mechanic to drive my car said to his mates it was like flying a plane.

It only had its usual dash that day but sometimes I run the OBD software to an Ipad just to see what's

going on.

post-21030-0-98031900-1418339533_thumb.j

Sorry, going off topic a bit but yes I do like technology. With a bit of effort I replaced the head unit with an Alpine and managed to integrate it with the existing controls. The ipad / Iphone can plug into that as well.

post-21030-0-95987900-1418513581_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links